SS Brake line orientation.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I’m install new SS brake lines on my LX450 and this is my last guy (DF: Driver Front). Below is an attached pic of the lines orientation. I am concerned that the line might kink at full extension when I install the lift and am off-roading it I honestly have no idea. The bolt on the top of the upper hardline has little to no room to get leverage to tighten so I’m tightening the lower bolt which in turn puts the loop in the line.... thoughts?

D3450F9F-0BDF-4E6F-B445-7F45B8898BCD.jpeg

FED10708-E348-4F18-8288-243A0C60FA10.jpeg

Just did SS hoses. You need to connect the axel part first, take out any kinks, then using the connector (flare nut) on the solid line, thread it into the SS hose. You will need to use a wrench on the hose connector to keep it from spinning and putting in the kink. If you think that one is bad, wait till you get to the passenger rear at the caliper. There is very little room to work.....but its possible.

Just did SS hoses. You need to connect the axel part first, take out any kinks, then using the connector (flare nut) on the solid line, thread it into the SS hose. You will need to use a wrench on the hose connector to keep it from spinning and putting in the kink. If you think that one is bad, wait till you get to the passenger rear at the caliper. There is very little room to work.....but its possible.

Literally exactly how I’m doing it.... problem is I can’t get the hardline flare nut to get enough torque... by the time I get maybe 10% torque I’m already covered in brake fluid, cursing enough that my neighbors thinking I’m probably killing one of my children and I’m slicker than a greased pig in August.... someone needs to invent a damn ratcheting flare nut wrench with a swivel neck (besides the s***ty one doesn’t work).

Yep....that one sucked. Brake fluid down the arm and dripped on the face. Once you get started just keep going.
If memory serves, that one was the worst to connect.

Don’t recall whether this one has braided lines or not, but if it does, they will be perfectly oriented for reference. LOT of undercarriage footage here.

Last edited:
Yep....that one sucked. Brake fluid down the arm and dripped on the face. Once you get started just keep going.
If memory serves, that one was the worst to connect.

Yep!!! My wife was outside while I was doing that one and had to dismiss herself due to the level of profanity.... which is saying a lot! I’m an Irish / Jew from the east coast so the bar is HIGH! That said I did realize I can get a crows foot through the wheel well guard down to the bolt but it’s still slow but better.... my final solution however is to revisit the line when I do the lift and see how it extends and if it kinks..... ie put the f-ing problem off :). (Push down the feelings, keep them inside, ignore the whale in the room until it explodes and I need to see a therapist for 10 years). Anyways.... going to drink now while soaked in brake fluid.

That was the worst of the brake lines for me as well. Hardline nut was rounded to boot, and ended up having to replace the whole line all the way to the junction. Fitting the new line to the junction was a treat.

Don't know what to tell you on your original question. It'd bug me to leave it like you show,

Yep!!! My wife was outside while I was doing that one and had to dismiss herself due to the level of profanity.... which is saying a lot! I’m an Irish / Jew from the east coast so the bar is HIGH! That said I did realize I can get a crows foot through the wheel well guard down to the bolt but it’s still slow but better.... my final solution however is to revisit the line when I do the lift and see how it extends and if it kinks..... ie put the f-ing problem off :). (Push down the feelings, keep them inside, ignore the whale in the room until it explodes and I need to see a therapist for 10 years). Anyways.... going to drink now while soaked in brake fluid.
Making me rethink whether I want to do this on my LX450 this winter 😬......

Ok so.... moving a head with bleeding... I’ve only swapped out my chassis to axle lines and I’m vacuum bleeding. The order I’m using is PR DR PF DF..... according to the FSM. I’ve gone through 5 12 Oz bottle of fluid and I’m still getting air bubbles in the vacuum line.... is that normal? Am I doing something wrong here.... seems like it’s taking too long.... but maybe I’m impatient ;)

Make sure to do the LSPV as well.

I don’t have one apparently.... at least the FSM doesn’t mention it like in other manuals.... do you have a pic of one so I can double check though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom