spring over (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You're 100% right about the PO. On my rig, I needed the C&T to help fix the caster. I'd bet I'm not the only one.
Why are you planning on doing a C&T if your caster and your angle are fine?

jsut because the caster and pinion angle are factory, doesn't mean they're fine. ;)

here's factory pinion angle and factory caster. the driveshaft would actually have a bit more angle to it but, it's not actually bolted to the t case...it's down a little from where it needs to be. it won't bolt up. there's not enough angle allowed in the yokes. even if there was enough to allow it to bolt up, this is sitting in the driveway. as soon as the front end drooped a bit, the d/s would bind.
DSC03973.JPG
DSC03969.JPG
DSC03972.JPG

jsut because the caster and pinion angle are factory, doesn't mean they're fine. ;)

a perfect reply nuclear:p

superT the factory angles i have are working pretty good, but the factory did 1* for the manual steering of the day trying to keep the wheel light but still track straight, with power steering you can run better numbers and i have just been putting it off. also i have a long front shaft and the angles are great. i dont know if i will go to the extra of turning the pinion up, alot more work relocating the spring pads for that but i do plan on turning up the rear pinion and running a double cardan to get as much angle out of the "high speed" shaft.:D

dave good idea man, in the meantime read as much as you can and look at as many pics as you can to get an idea if its really what you want, then attack it.

here's factory pinion angle and factory caster. the driveshaft would actually have a bit more angle to it but, it's not actually bolted to the t case...it's down a little from where it needs to be. it won't bolt up. there's not enough angle allowed in the yokes. even if there was enough to allow it to bolt up, this is sitting in the driveway. as soon as the front end drooped a bit, the d/s would bind.

So... if you corrected your pinion angle so that it wouldn't bind, your castor angle would be all jacked up and you wouldn't be able to correct it without a C&T. Right?

Love your stock rims Ige! What size tires are those? Did you have to widen the rims to make them fit?

That's it for me on this post. Sorry 'bout all the fuss Dave71.

So... if you corrected your pinion angle so that it wouldn't bind, your castor angle would be all jacked up and you wouldn't be able to correct it without a C&T. Right?

Love your stock rims Ige! What size tires are those? Did you have to widen the rims to make them fit?

That's it for me on this post. Sorry 'bout all the fuss Dave71.

correct, what i'll be doing is turning the pinion up, cut and turn to correct caster and running a cv shaft. because the angles at the yokes won't be equal (or close to equal), i'll have to run a cv shaft.

tires are 35x12.5s on stock 5.5 rims. those aren't the rims i'll run. i have something special in an 8" wide rim planned;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom