Spotted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I looked for a spotted thread, but didn't see one. Had new tires put on the 80 today in Sparks, then visited with my grandparents. Spotted a 100 series on my way out of town. first saw it at McCarran/Greg, followed it up over vista overpass where I hit the freeway. White I think?, I'm terrible with remembering color... ARB front, high clearance rear. Looked pretty good.

Weird. I thought I had posted some of the spotto's I have seen. Oh well, there are some...

I didn't see this one in person, but man! That is the perfect example of a bad ass 45!
full

It looks like somone is using this old bloke as a dd. Spotted in Sparks, NV.
full

Spotted this beaut on the I80 East just West of McCarren Blvd. He had a sweet trailer too. His side mirrors were attached to the roll cage.
full

In to reno for work today, had a call in West Reno up right close to Plumb and Plumas, saw a pretty good looking 60. Grey, maybe blue, small lift, roof rack. Barely caught it as I passed by, and was just barely on time so I couldn't creep on it. Anyone?

I've driven by an old Dolan lot for over year now and finally decided to drop in to get some shots of these two FJ40's. They are in great shape, not perfect, but way better than mine! 🤣

Dual tanks on topless one.

IMG_20190219_115733.jpg

Im glad you stopped and looked at those. My mom lives in Hidden valley and i have driven by those a bunch but never stopped. Maybe next time im up in Reno i`ll stop and check them out.
JP

Took our Elsie dog to Link park in Hidden Valley today and spotted all of these at a house just outside the park entrance. Does anyone know who lives in that area or know these TLCs? I love that Troopy!

PXL_20210109_213702588.jpg

I chatted with him one time. We used to live in Donner Springs and I saw him often. He didn't seem interested in connecting withg other LC owners at that time.

Met a twin to my gray two tone 93 in peasent valley the other day,. He had arb side bars but other than that same color and lift.. then got to maverick and a black 80 with an arb followed me into the freeway.. seems more and more 80's in reno..

Yeah I have been noticing more and more 80s around lately it seems. May people are starting to pick them up more due to Toyota stopping production of the LC in the US. Or maybe its that overlanding is becoming more prevalent so with our proximity to so much open space we are just seeing more people "invest" in it?!

I've been stalking the guy in the beige tan/coyote brown FJ60. I used to see it parked adjacent to 395 near the AG Inspection Station north of Reno (looked like the driver was part of a construction crew). Then I saw it parked at Pyramid Lake but each time I spotted it I was pressed for time and couldn't stop. I did swing back through Nixon once but he was gone.

It looks like a well prepped 60.

Took our Elsie dog to Link park in Hidden Valley today and spotted all of these at a house just outside the park entrance. Does anyone know who lives in that area or know these TLCs? I love that Troopy!

View attachment 2548630
Time to start stalkin'!

I've been stalking the guy in the beige tan/coyote brown FJ60. I used to see it parked adjacent to 395 near the AG Inspection Station north of Reno (looked like the driver was part of a construction crew). Then I saw it parked at Pyramid Lake but each time I spotted it I was pressed for time and couldn't stop. I did swing back through Nixon once but he was gone.

It looks like a well prepped 60.
Lee are you talking about this one??

5B3FA783-E87F-4BC7-A890-DB7928172714.jpeg

Yup, that's the one.
Ok so he is kind of a neighbor of mine. I dropped one of our cards on his door. He's had it for YEARS, LS1 swap (or LT1 can't remember), big lift and tires. He is an archeologist if I remember correctly so gone for months at a time with it. He must be retired of have switched positions because he has been around a lot since before COVID. Then last year I saw him doing the body work prepping for paint. Love the color, think it is the Toyota sand dune beige you see on the newer Tacos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom