Split case in an 80 series? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gary, How painful is the conversion on the HF2AV t-case?

It actually is very easy. The tcase can stay in the truck. You will pull the rear housing then the intermediate housing. Pull the center diff out, remove the pinion shaft and gears, pull off a bearing, press it onto the new spool, and reinstall. It comes with decent instructions, even I could understand. Should take maybe 2 hours start to finish.
Gary

Sweet. thanks. What hubs can be used? Mini live axle?

Waggoner5 said:
It actually is very easy. The tcase can stay in the truck. You will pull the rear housing then the intermediate housing. Pull the center diff out, remove the pinion shaft and gears, pull off a bearing, press it onto the new spool, and reinstall. It comes with decent instructions, even I could understand. Should take maybe 2 hours start to finish.
Gary
Gary, how many miles do you have on it since the conversion? Noticable differences (mileage,steering /effort, etc.)? Did I read correctly at the bottom of the page that their 80 setup also comes with freewheeling hubs?
what did you do for 4-hi... use the factory switch like they say?

Nice option for guys wanting to instal a 1HD-T factory five speed, the case would make it full manuel and easy for install.

Where is this kit available from.

Rob

I am using a set of hubs that were spares for my 62, but there are lots of options including the AVM hubs that are available with the kit.

I have 0 miles on the truck so far. I will keep you posted. I am very sure that there will be very little driveablity differences if any. I drove a 2wd 80 and it drove similar to the 4wd.

Slee Offroad has the kits in stock now.

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom