Spicer ball joints (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Are people still able to locate Spicer ball joints for the lower control arms? If you can, please share source. Thanks.

Spicer 505-1347 is part number from FAQ, I believe.

So it appears by looking at ebay listings that Three Five (Japanese) makes a replacement for this, but they are sold under different names like AC Delco and McQuay-Norris. Anybody familiar with this or already done the leg work on verifying if this is true?

*Okay, what I gathered from reading other forums and shopping around is the following:
-Spicer no longer sells this lower ball joint directly.
-Raybestos professional grade 505-1347 is a reboxed Spicer 505-1347 lower ball joint. Supposedly these are Japanese built. Couldn't find any complaints on quality.
-Three Five (Japanese parts company) produces a replacement for this lower ball joint and it is reboxed and sold by AC Delco and McQuay-Norris. Couldn't find any complaints on quality.
-New in the US auto parts market is German auto parts company Febest, and they make a replacement lower ball joint as well. Couldn't find any reviews on the quality.
-Moog makes a replacement lower ball joint and it is produced in Taiwan. Reviews are mixed on the quality from this company.

This information could be wrong but should be fairly accurate for what I compiled from the Internets. Feel free to make corrections or add additional info or reviews if you've tried any of these.

Last edited:
Napa auto parts should have a cross reference number. I know because I used to work at a Dana plant that made the Spicer ball joints for Napa. Of course, that was 20 years ago.

AutoZone here in SLC stocks the 555 Joints, just did mine recently, great quality. If demand for 555 LBJ's is there, I could get them direct through my 555 importer. I used OE uppers.

Great to know, Kurt.

Are people thinking that the 555 should last as long or close to as long as OEM?

I'm running the 555. Got them through rock auto. Was the only place i knew of at the time.

It looks like Rockauto now only sells the Raybestos branded joints, which appear to be the Spicer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom