Speedometer wrong (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just put larger tires on my FJ60. Anyone aware of a business offering correction gears for the speedometer when you get larger tires?

You might give Downey or Northwest Off-road specialties a try.
They used to offer a converter that just connected in line to correct gearing differences.... :cheers:

just realise you are going about 5 miles or more than what the speedometer says. :D

I know SOR sells different sized gears for my in line speedo (7-tooth, eight-tooth, etc.) You might check with them.

I actually created a spreadsheet (Yep I'm a geek) that plotted the actuals for every 5 miles per hour marked on my speedometer. Didn't help me at 6 in the morning when I thought I was driving 37 in a 35 and the sheriff said I was doing over 40. I would like my speedometer read correctly so my half sleepy brain doesn't have to work to hard.

hey if you find a good source and solution for this, let me know!

thanks,
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

Will do,

Was considering creating a new stick on face for the speedometer with the numbers placed in the appropriate positions. I guess it depends how bored I get this winter.

[quote author=dogboy link=board=1;threadid=7205;start=msg59992#msg59992 date=1068162511]
hey if you find a good source and solution for this, let me know!
[/quote]
same here. id buy one if its available

just be like this "oh im in a cruiser i dont have worry bout the speed limit" its too slow anyway

i didnt worry too much untill i got a ticket. then i thought a minute. at the time i was a noob and i didnt know my tires were larger than stock and that my speedo was wrong. well now my tires are even bigger and i know basically what speed im going. It would be nice if i could look at my speedometer and not have to change numbers around and do math. Im tired of math. school i enough for me. anyway while in court you can argue that you didnt know that your tires are larger than stock and claim that you didnt know. but of course that only gets you so far. SO... Wheres the converter? i looked on sor and manafre some but didnt find anything.

Was considering creating a new stick on face for the speedometer
thought about the same thing. I guess it would work. but it would be time consuming. im soooo lazy

I actually created a spreadsheet (Yep I'm a geek)
me too buddy. me too.

I just installed a RPM gauge in my FJ40 since i just got my 35" tires today. Just use the RPM gauge to figure out how fast you are going in the different gear ratios.

Travis

actually thinking about it- you could get a GPS and just get the speed from that. Its more accurate and you can use it to find your way home. How useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom