Speedometer issues (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I unplugged my speedometer to fix a few cables that were tangled with the turn signal switch cable. I hooked everything back up and now when in motion, the speedo needle goes from one end to the other, at its own pace (with a bit of a bounce). It does not track my speed at all. Any ideas what the issue might be? Should I start shopping around for a new one?

Sounds like it is not seated completely---

Check that the speedo cable goes straight true the firewall (no bends, curves) and that it is properly seated.

Rudi

Unhooked the cluster and speedo, placed properly and took it for a drive. The needle is bouncing a little bit less, but still goes all over the place. Think it might be the cable?

I have had issues with my 72 FJ40 when it is really cold (0 degrees F). I took the cable out of the FJ40, cleaned it out by flooding it with tri-flow and a compressor. So far so good. I did have to find a bend that it did like after coming out of the firewall...It would be nice if the cables were about 12"-16" longer so you could get a nice sweeping bend in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom