Spedo Not Working (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I searched the Arcives and did not find any info. The Speedometer and Odometer both stoped working at the same time. While driving once and a while the needle will bounce to the current speed and the odometer will work then stop as quick as it started. Now the O/D lite on the dash flashes and Cruise control does not work.. I think it might be the sending unit on the T-Case? I pulled it off and tried to spin the shaft going into the case and it would not spin telling me the speedo gear is still good. Is there a way to test the sender? Or could it be something else?? Any pointers would be great..

Fixed it today.....It was the eletric speed sensor on the side of the T-Case. Toyota wanted $200 and a local wrecking yard sold it to me for $15.

LJ78 O/D Off light Flashing

Hi All!
I recently bought a 1993 LJ78 Autommatic. Today my speedometer stop working. I checked and notice the "speedometer cable" (I don't know if this is the correct name in english) is now broken at the entrance of the A/T. Coincidence or not the "O/D Off" light started flashing when the button is set to ON. Can somebody please tell me if this is just a coincidence or if it has anythinh to do with the speedometer cable. If not what can be the problem. Thanks! :crybaby:

Similar problem related to Speedometer: on my HDJ81, the speedometer's needed does not seem to move steadily - it slighty bounces up/down if the speed is around 10-50-60km. Once I move past that mark, the needle will move steadily just like what a needle is supposed to do.

What's wrong with this speedometer? Fixable? Nothing serious nor something I cannot live by. But if there is low cost and easy fix out there, then it will make looking at the speedometer a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom