Speculation and information for the next GX. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just know I'm going to be a sad panda once the 4.6 goes away. However, if/when it does I would MUCH rather the Rav4 Prime power plant with a little more juice than a V6 TT. I just cannot stand V6's much less ones with turbos. There are only two exceptions, the Alfa 2.9TT in the Quadrifoglio and the 2.7TT in the F150. So if Toyota is going to still do the dumb V6 thing at LEAST give us a V6 hybrid and ditch the bloody turbos. I would like to say I love the new center stack and new infotainment upgrade. Makes me kind of want one since there'll be ZERO chance of a retro fit on us older models.

My -$0.01 because the current inflation.

I just know I'm going to be a sad panda once the 4.6 goes away. However, if/when it does I would MUCH rather the Rav4 Prime power plant with a little more juice than a V6 TT. I just cannot stand V6's much less ones with turbos. There are only two exceptions, the Alfa 2.9TT in the Quadrifoglio and the 2.7TT in the F150. So if Toyota is going to still do the dumb V6 thing at LEAST give us a V6 hybrid and ditch the bloody turbos. I would like to say I love the new center stack and new infotainment upgrade. Makes me kind of want one since there'll be ZERO chance of a retro fit on us older models.

My -$0.01 because the current inflation.

The V8 going away is why I'm buying a 2022 GX. I really don't want a turbo'ed engine. Supposedly the LX570 will be keeping the V8 though according to Automotive Press to differentiate it from the LC600 (I think that's the number...I'm not that up on the upcoming LC models).

Last edited:
Why not start a speculation and information thread on the next GX? Post what you find and share with others.

WHAT???? Acrad isn't the one to post this???
I'm really disappointed in you Acrad... :confused: You've always been our go-to guy for all technical things GX! I may have to take away your "Wiki" title...
Seriously, Yeah, the V8 may be on it's way out, but I can live with an extra 148 hp under the hood over what we have now.
450 hp? Heck yeah!! I didn't by my GX for the throaty V8 sound anyways. If I wanted that, I'd have bought a Corvette or one of those Dodge/Mustang/Camero V8's.
Curious about the interior. Hope they're still offering red!

I love the V8, but I have to say, 450hp and more gears with better gas mileage sounds pretty damn nice....

I'm one of the guys complaining about the V6 in the Raptor, but this is a mid-size luxury SUV so it doesn't bother me.

Reactions: r2m
I love the V8, but I have to say, 450hp and more gears with better gas mileage sounds pretty damn nice....

I'm one of the guys complaining about the V6 in the Raptor, but this is a mid-size luxury SUV so it doesn't bother me.
Man the ecoboost V6’s sound HORRENDOUS. Plus I find it insulting that the Raptor doesn’t have that massive V8 in it. Hell I’d take the powerstroke over that ecoboost nonsense.

;)

Actually my MT hit on CL was on 9/10 but alas not me to initially post it. :)

More detailed rumor is on ClubLexus site for further details.

Claim it is going to be designated a 180 or 190 series and somewhat boxy like an older 77 or 78 series.

WHAT???? Acrad isn't the one to post this???
I'm really disappointed in you Acrad... :confused: You've always been our go-to guy for all technical things GX! I may have to take away your "Wiki" title...
Seriously, Yeah, the V8 may be on it's way out, but I can live with an extra 148 hp under the hood over what we have now.
450 hp? Heck yeah!! I didn't by my GX for the throaty V8 sound anyways. If I wanted that, I'd have bought a Corvette or one of those Dodge/Mustang/Camero V8's.
Curious about the interior. Hope they're still offering red!

A hybrid power train world be much better than a TT V6. But I digress. ;)

Raptor R next year with a bad to the bone V8. I’d get one if the dealers over here wouldn’t try to bend me over….

Personally I'd love the Ram TRX with the Hellcat drivetrain. LOL But I get it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom