Sparks as in fire hazard + transmission dip stick (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yea @jpoole can confirm but I thought it had to be idling and in neutral. It has a cold and hot level but apparently the hot level is more accurate after the gears have been run through.
FSM states warm and idling in PARK.

I went round with someone else here and I thought the same as you. My old cars, some were to be in park, some in drive, some in neutral.

So I consulted the book of Toy and indeed it is warm and idle in park.

Warm means minimum 10 miles driven.

I bought the cable kit from @Fourrunner and messaged him.

The two larger cables (one to the block and one to the starter) are 1/0 marine grade tinned cable. Which boot would fit?
I got the kit from him too and asked specifically about the boot for the starter lug because it wasn’t included. He stated I didn’t need it. Guess I kind of need it.

All,

I am working on finding a good solution for protecting the starter lug. At first I didn't think there would be an issue, but never considered the transmission dipstick/maintenance work around the starter. I will be adding this boot as a standard part for all kits going forward. If anyone would like one, please reach out to me. I hope to have something in hand in the next few days/week.

Mark

All,

I am working on finding a good solution for protecting the starter lug. At first I didn't think there would be an issue, but never considered the transmission dipstick/maintenance work around the starter. I will be adding this boot as a standard part for all kits going forward. If anyone would like one, please reach out to me. I hope to have something in hand in the next few days/week.

Mark

Mark was kind enough to ship out a boot to test fit. Thanks so much for being so responsive.

All,

Mark
I don't mind paying for a boot, i just want the right one. I think the risk of anything like this happening to anyone else is quite low. I sometimes drink and wrench but that could be classified as a Darwin award situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom