Spare Tire Tool Kit/Rusted Chain (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TheRealDeal124

GOLD Star
Threads
Hello everyone, I hope everyone is staying healthy and getting out there to camp and offroad all your favorite trails. Quick question and a bit of clarification on parts availability. My 95 FZJ80 I purchased in January did not come with the Tool Kit that includes tools to lower the spare tire and various other small items. Is it still possible for me to purchase a kit new from Toyota? And is it still possible in 2020 to purchase the chain and hoist for the spare tire? I'm running 285/75R16 tires and I want all 5 to match. I don't believe the spare tire that's on my Cruiser has ever touched the ground nor been changed ever. The hoist and chain are rusted in place. I'd rather buy a new or close to new Hoist instead of carrying the spare on the rear tailgate as I've seen on here done by many Mudders. Also my Antenna Mast is bent by the 25 years of facing the wind. The motor still works and I'd prefer to replace the antenna with another OEM Power Antenna. I'm handy with the right tools, and as I've read on here it's not too bad of a job. Sorry for the long post. I'll attach some pictures momentarily.

Heres a picture of the Antenna, the Spare Tire Mechanism, my undercarriage which is pretty clean I'd say and a booty shot since I haven't posted an update picture in a while on here.

20200628_204013.jpg

20200628_204041.jpg

20200628_204108.jpg

20200628_204159.jpg

Chain hoist is still available new. Kinda pricey $130.00ish.

Let down/jack tools should be available too (as individual pieces). Those don't have to be for an 80 series. Any tool that has a similar hook end will work.

5190060171 tire lift.jpg

Get a spare tire chain assembly used from someone here:
@slow95z
@arcteryx

You can get a jack and tool kit from them as well or you can get a jack and tool kit from a late model Tundra or Tacoma. I bought a complete jack and tool set from a salvage yard in Iowa for $100 and it had never been used. It was from a 2007 Tacoma.

Use PB Blaster (not WD40) as it is a great oil for breaking loose rusted stuff. You need to spray oil up through the center of the spare to where the chain mechanism actually is and not just on the piece on the bottom.

The antenna mast is still available from Toyota for about $45 and you can just replace the mast if your motor still goes up/down other than sticking due to the bend. If the motor just whirs and the belt in it skips or is broken, then you need to swap to a used unit or go with a stationary or flexible mast (aftermarket)

Later on, you want to invest in Fluid Film or WoolWax.

Order OEM parts here:
www.partsouq.com

Get a spare tire chain assembly used from someone here:
@slow95z
@arcteryx

You can get a jack and tool kit from them as well or you can get a jack and tool kit from a late model Tundra or Tacoma. I bought a complete jack and tool set from a salvage yard in Iowa for $100 and it had never been used. It was from a 2007 Tacoma.

Use PB Blaster (not WD40) as it is a great oil for breaking loose rusted stuff. You need to spray oil up through the center of the spare to where the chain mechanism actually is and not just on the piece on the bottom.

The antenna mast is still available from Toyota for about $45 and you can just replace the mast if your motor still goes up/down other than sticking due to the bend. If the motor just whirs and the belt in it skips or is broken, then you need to swap to a used unit or go with a stationary or flexible mast (aftermarket)

Later on, you want to invest in Fluid Film or WoolWax.

Order OEM parts here:
www.partsouq.com
I actually sprayed the mechanism with Fluid Film and WD40, I'd rather buy new if it's available. I get a really good discount on OEM parts through my local dealer as the Parts Manager and I have a good rapport going on. As far as I know the mast is the only issue that I have.

Chain hoist is still available new. Kinda pricey $130.00ish.

Let down/jack tools should be available too (as individual pieces). Those don't have to be for an 80 series. Any tool that has a similar hook end will work.

View attachment 2355403
I spare no expense on my 80 series, if its available new I'll spend the money. It's a problem I know haha.

I actually sprayed the mechanism with Fluid Film and WD40, I'd rather buy new if it's available. I get a really good discount on OEM parts through my local dealer as the Parts Manager and I have a good rapport going on. As far as I know the mast is the only issue that I have.
Even though you have a "Really Good Relationship" going on......I highly recommend you check the pricing on the two sites I listed above.
Then let us know how good your relationship is.

Even though you have a "Really Good Relationship" going on......I highly recommend you check the pricing on the two sites I listed above.
Then let us know how good your relationship is.
Really good prices. I'm already spending a lot of money since theres little things I've wanted to get for a while and now I can easily find everything. I appreciate you looking out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom