Sourcing 11lb propane cylinders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I will be adding a couple cans to the Venturecraft. Red Steve provided a pretty good source through HD online for $57 each. Anyone find a better source for these little suckers?

Edit: mixed up my Steves, referral came from white steve aka saddletramp.

Last edited:
Aren't yours the smaller versions Phil?

I thought you had the 5 lb tanks Manchester 5 Lb. 1.2 Gal.Tank Propane Cylinder (10054) - Gas Grill Parts - Ace Hardware

Versus the 11 lb Worthington Pro Grade 11 lb. Empty Propane Tank-281165 - The Home Depot

I do remember all the propane tanks used to be cheaper, but the aluminum ones never seem to drop in price. 6 Lb. Vertical Aluminum LP Tank

My bad I let my sizes got mixed up again:rolleyes:

@Funner are you looking for the pancake or upright style in 11lb?

Glad you posted this Funner. I've been thinking about getting a smaller propane cylinder to mount on my tire carrier.

Any recommendations for a holder for either the 5 or 11lb cylinders?

Glad you posted this Funner. I've been thinking about getting a smaller propane cylinder to mount on my tire carrier.

Any recommendations for a holder for either the 5 or 11lb cylinders?

AT sells a very nice holder

Curious I assume these are like the larger cylinders that require a DOT date and legally need to be certified every five years. If that is the case want be sure don't buy one that's not been setting on a shelf for a couple years. Besides refilling get pulled over by a picky LEO and tank is somewhere visible could get a ticket for that. I remember on the refrigerant recovery tanks it was easier to buy new then get them recertified.

What mount did @yjeff use on his 80 to mount the propane tank?

My 5lb Manchester mounts started as AT mounts. All the welds were redone and the mount was heavily modified to slide into 2in receivers. You can also use the mounts made by Gabe at SoCal teardrops or powertank has a mount

Power Tank BKT-2285 Propane Power Bracket for 8" diamater Propane bottle https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004M9KX52/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_14SxAbQD2V0NS

So-Cal Teardrops - Parts - 5 lb. LP Mount Bracket - Accessories

Nice. Thanks for the recommendations.

I went ahead and ordered two of the 11lb narrow tanks from HD and will probably make my own mounts, tbd.

I went ahead and ordered two of the 11lb narrow tanks from HD and will probably make my own mounts, tbd.

Did you take your 10% off Lowes coupon that you get from the post office with you?

Did you take your 10% off Lowes coupon that you get from the post office with you?

NO! You’re like my wife, “weren’t you supposed to turn back there”, always after the fact:slap::doh::flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom