Source for FJ62 auto tranny shift linkage bushings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
No, not the ones you replace to tighten up the side to side slop, the ones closest to the transmission itself, right above one of the O2 sensors underneath.

These bushings are worn on mine, which translates to fore and aft slop in the shift lever.

I looked on SORs website but didn't find these part numbers.

Anyone else been there?

90385-16008

Now in hand, they look familiar. But, sure don't look like the right ones for the linkage I'm looking at. The lower linkage has a smaller diameter opening, and a shallower shoulder.

I just replaced all 4 on an '88. It made a WORLD of difference in the shifter feel, but it was difficult getting the last pin back into place with the fresh rubber fighting me. Because I was doing the above-floor bushings at the same time, I dropped the shifter lever & pushrod out of the truck for disassembly, cleaning, & reassembly; so installing the rear pin was easy out-of-chassis.

I just replaced all 4 on an '88. It made a WORLD of difference in the shifter feel, but it was difficult getting the last pin back into place with the fresh rubber fighting me. Because I was doing the above-floor bushings at the same time, I dropped the shifter lever & pushrod out of the truck for disassembly, cleaning, & reassembly; so installing the rear pin was easy out-of-chassis.

Nice.
What did you use for replacement rubber bushings?

Here's a visual:
fullsizeoutput_66a.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom