Something else to worry about? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just completed a 2800 mile trip - most of it in rain. To take my mind off the possibility of the dreaded oil galley plug failure, I found something else to worry about.

The windshield wiper motor. Would not have wanted that to go out.

Has anyone had theirs fail? Or are they indestructable?

Didn't do a search, but I did check Andrew's hypochondriasis list - which is the next best thing.

Ed

I havn't had a single wiper motor fail in any of my Cruisers, not the one on the 340,000 miles fj62, not the ones on my 67 fj45. Had a few washer pumps go bad, but they are no biggy and easy to replace. So I wouldn't worry about it.........and it rains ALOT in WA.

Ed

I will second the Pimpsters response..................No failures in my 69 FJ40 or 71 FJ55, and the wipers even worked on a rusted FJ62 I purchased sight unseen (never, never, again - $1000 inc. shipping from Mass.)!

Great Landcruiser weather we are having, huh?

Joe

[quote author=Landpimp link=board=2;threadid=9540;start=msg83638#msg83638 date=1073078753]
........and it rains ALOT in WA.
[/quote]

Landpimp, I experienced buckets of WA rain last week.

Joe, after getting rained on in Seattle, Portland, and the Santa Cruz Mountains, I tied a rope to the weather and dragged it to SoCal last night. My fault. (In the Santa Cruz mountains it was raining 1/2 inch per hour. Here it's 1/2 inch for the whole storm).

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom