Some advice for a 2016 LandCruiser 200 series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Our family Battlewagon is a 2016 LandCruiser. Love the truck but my wife, kids, and dog are trying very hard to ruin it. I thought about selling it and leasing something that they can just tear apart, but I think I'll fight the good fight and see how I do. Need some advice now that we are at a critical juncture.

Need some recommendations for:

- Tires: I'd like to get some tires that look a little more aggressive than the stock. Can anyone suggest a nice looking tire that's still decent on the highway?
- Seat covers: would like some nice ones that don't look cheesy (not sure I'll be able to pull this off)
- Floor mats: Factory upgrades did not hold up, they are all curling up and look terrible.
- Bulletproof cargo area protection
- Should I ceramic coat the truck
- Undercoat suggestions?
- Dog restraint (my dog constantly climbs over the rear seats, she's a bit of a spaz)

If there's anything else you'd suggest... I'm losing this battle and I'd like to hang in there with this truck.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Nitto Terra Grapler G2's XL (not LT) or KO2's. My seats seem to hold up and they look almost new for a 11 year old vehicle. Just clean them and use conditioner. I have full weathertech liners, front, center and rear. Get one of those dividers off Amazon to keep the dog in the back. Only let your kids drink clear liquids in the vehicle.

Weather tech mats all around.

Dog barrier between the cargo area and passenger compartment.

You can get Escape seat covers from Equipt1 or check out Cabelas .

Need some recommendations
I had weathertech, replaced them with and prefer the Husky mats in the front. The coverage goes up higher in the areas your feet will sit.

I have a 16. I do have weather tech mats in my jeep .. but on the Land Cruiser I put in OEM "Land Cruiser" all weather mats and I like them way better that the weather tech.
Are both the front and rear seats getting all messed up or just the rear? .. May want to put a seat cover in just the rear and then not worry about the kids or the dog. .. and have a rule kids and dog not allowed in the front seat area?

I run Toyo R/T tires as they are a mix of a/t and m/t .. been doing good on my LC and many of my friends SUV's and Trucks. Well rated.

1. If looks are your tire criteria, go to the Tire Rack and find one you like that has good reviews.
  2. If you are talking about covers for the rear seats, check out the Weathertech cover. It’s tough, though a bit plain looking. Kids and dogs would need a long time to destroy it.
  3. Weathertech floor liners front and rear
  4. Weathertech cargo liner, with or without the 3rd row
  5. No to the cost of ceramic coating. Just wax it a couple times a year with good stuff and clay bar it first if it’s really a mess.
  6. No undercoat. That just holds the moisture in and causes rust. Use Fluid Film instead, if you live in a rust-prone area
  7. Depending on the size and persistence of your dog, you might look at the Solvit Net Pet barrier sold at Cabelas. I’m thinking about one for my LC, but haven’t tried it yet.

Need some recommendations for:
- Tires: I'd like to get some tires that look a little more aggressive than the stock. Can anyone suggest a nice looking tire that's still decent on the highway?
- Seat covers: would like some nice ones that don't look cheesy (not sure I'll be able to pull this off)
- Floor mats: Factory upgrades did not hold up, they are all curling up and look terrible.
- Bulletproof cargo area protection
- Should I ceramic coat the truck
- Undercoat suggestions?
- Dog restraint (my dog constantly climbs over the rear seats, she's a bit of a spaz)
Each one on your list have discussions all over Mud but my abbreviated .02:

Tires that are adept off-road but look more on roady and can handle some miles:
Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT

Seat covers that are comfortable, resist stuff, easy to clean and will last a long time:
Escape Gear

Floor mats: some prefer WeatherTech some Husky, I like WeatherTech and have run them in various vehicles including my 4Runner and LC200 without any of the issues some report experiencing...

Cargo area: ARB drawers w/ cargo barrier — throw a dog bed or blanket on top of the drawers to keep the dog safely in the rear.

Ceramic coating: I have found decent success with Opti-Coat Pro+ but it’s not cheap. Ceramic coatings can help protect paint against UV and makes for easier washes. It’s tough but not bulletproof. These coatings can show water spots if you’re not careful. The coating on the windows is best thing ever and repels water like nothing else I’ve seen. When I drive a car without it I cannot believe the difference...

I don’t have any suggestions on undercoating, but would love to hear others experiences.

under coat with fluid film best stuff ever !!! watch some you tube vids , used it when I worked a a welding supply shop would coat the new desire welding machines before they went off shore and down into the salt mine here in Louisiana . not a speck of corrosion even after years! just did under my 200 . you can get the big spray kits

Note that while a 285/65r18 tire will fit without rubbing and look a bit better than the stock 285/60r18, the bigger tire is ONLY available in an LT-metric E-rated load capacity vs your stock P-metric XL. These are Very heavy, and require roughly 10 more psi cold. This will impact ride quality.

Escape gear seat covers.

For mats I have wearhertechs and love them but the point about husky going up higher is a good one.

Last edited:
Best and safest option for your dog is a proper sized kennel in cargo area. Should you be even in a slight accident, that pet becomes a projectile inside the cab going through possibly the windshield if not protected in a kennel. We wear seat belts, right? Give your buddy the same benefit; could save both your lives.

I completely agree about the Fluid Film. I just bought a big spray kit and did my new (left over) LC200. My dad has been using it for years here in New England (lots of salt!!!) on his 2001 Dodge Ram and he has zero rust on his truck. I did an initial coating and will do it again before the winter. I actually might be spending the winter down there in Louisiana (Shreveport area).

under coat with fluid film best stuff ever !!! watch some you tube vids , used it when I worked a a welding supply shop would coat the new desire welding machines before they went off shore and down into the salt mine here in Louisiana . not a speck of corrosion even after years! just did under my 200 . you can get the big spray kits

I completely agree about the Fluid Film. I just bought a big spray kit and did my new (left over) LC200. My dad has been using it for years here in New England (lots of salt!!!) on his 2001 Dodge Ram and he has zero rust on his truck. I did an initial coating and will do it again before the winter. I actually might be spending the winter down there in Louisiana (Shreveport area).

Ima about 4 hr south of that in Lafayette , fluid film is the shiz ! My buddy has a marine biz and repairs for coast guard he sprays all the new engines they install and electrical with it even had compartments flood with salt water and dry out weeks later every thing that was not sprayed was rusted , sad more people don’t know about it !

Train both your kids and dog how to act inside the truck, my father raised hunting dogs and his theory was simple, “my feet are on the floor, so will the dogs”. I can’t even imagine starting a post like this....I have a little OCD, and Husky liners are way nicer then Weathertech

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom