For Sale SOLD! Massachusetts- 1988 FJ62 Daily Driver price lowered (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
Outside Link
https://boston.craigslist.org/nos/cto/d/haverhill-1988-toyota-landcruiser-fj62/7095761040.html
Thank you to anyone who showed interest. This was a great wagon for me. The new owner just joined mud. I’ll introduce him in the 60 series Forum.** EDIT Lots of photos uploaded a few posts down. Asking $13,000 OBO
Selling my 88 FJ62 that I daily drive. Originally a CA vehicle. Many upgrades, parts changed and preventative maintenance done. This has been my baby, but I have a real baby on the way this summer and another FJ62 that I'm restoring, so one has to go. Take a look at my CL ad and let me know if you have any interest. Thanks all! Welcome to call or text any time. Mac 978-500-3911 Lots of pics
Cruiser 88 (2).jpg

Last edited:
FYI, there has been a bunch of other little things done to the vehicle that I have not listed. Mostly little things like replacing bulbs many of which with LED, knobs, switches, window tint, killing rattles, and other cosmetic things to get everything working and looking good. I put a lot of time into this truck and it should show that way. I have tons of additional photos including pics of the entire undercarriage and frame which is very clean. I’ll send those upon request. Thanks

how long has it been in Mass.? Can you please post undercarriage pics

Price is listed on the CL ad at 14,500. Information for when the CL ad is gone and people are doing research.

Nice truck, GLWS.

Okay, so this 62 has been on the east coast since 2015 as far as I know. That's when the service records in CA end and the PO starts showing records for service in Southern NH. Below is the write up from my CL ad, so in case the ad runs out, the info is still here... FYI, this is not the original paint, and while is does look good, its not perfect and is not thorough(meaning door jams may not all be sprayed) but the old color was a similar blue. The respray is beginning to peel in a few places. I'm not trying to represent the truck to be more wonderful or perfect than it is but not trying to steer anyone away by being overly honest. This is a nice vehicle.

For Sales is my 1988 Toyota Land Cruiser. Currently has 235,000 miles. I have owned this vehicle for over 3 years and it is my Daily Driver. Only reason for selling is I have a baby on the way this summer and I have another landcruiser I am restoring. Daily driven about 20 miles daily to work and back with some errands in between and adventures long and short on the weekend. This is a very reliable rig to daily drive or to the mountains, beach or both on the weekends. Makes a great vehicle for camping adventures or just to go eat tacos with the wife and dog. I have been an active member of this forum since just before I bought the rig and always try to use everyone's genuine advice to make proper repairs with recommended parts on this rig. Originally bought in California this rig was brought to the east coast in 2015 by the previous owner who only drove it in the summer and fall on nice days and kept it garaged. Always has regular maintenance by the same garage and has had quite a bit of preventative maintenance done such as a new starter in the last 3 months, new radiator, new oem thermostat and gaskets a year or so ago. Front knuckle/axle serviced with new felts wipers,rubbers just before I took ownership(have documentation). Replaced the entire exhaust and O2 sensors a month or so ago and had it NHOil Undercoated to prevent rust in January and also winter of 2018. Had the rear drive shaft removed and serviced with new U-joints 2 years ago. This truck has a 3" Old Man Emu lift kit with 33X10.5X15 BFGoodrich KO2, 1 inch wheel spacers and Tires and aftermarket wheels(I can supply original wheels). Installed a very nice MAN-A-FRE trailer hitch assembly and trailer light harness last summer. I have never used this truck to haul anything long distance. I hauled my pop up camper 20 miles last summer to a local camp site and it handled it no problem. All lights work and all light lenses have been replaced with nice new ones. Heat and A/C(I Converted it to modern R-134 refrigerant) work very well. Interior is clean and all there not a 10/10 but I keep it clean. Dash is nice and clean. Installed a new double din CD/DVD player and all new speakers a couple years ago, LED converted dome lights and LED Reverse lights. Overall the engine runs very well with good strong acceleration, idles smooth, changes gears smoothly and has a smooth ride for a 32 year old vehicle. Replaced all vacuum lines, fuel filter and charcoal canister last year. The body of the vehicle is in Good condition with a few dents and some minor bubbling of paint in a couple places. This is a very clean reliable vehicle. Get in and go have an adventure! This vehicle will absolutely pass emissions or smog if your state requires that. No emissions equipment has been removed from the truck. Come take a look. Welcome to call or Text Mac @ 978-Five00-Three911
Exhaust has been completely redone with new O2 sensors and bungs since these photos were taken.**
Has all new Sway bar bushings and extended links

IMG_3123 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3124 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3125 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3126 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3127 - Copy.JPG

More pics

IMG_3128.JPG

IMG_3130.JPG

IMG_3131.JPG

IMG_3132.JPG

IMG_3133 - Copy.JPG

As you can see, someone else loved this vehicle enough to undercoat it many years ago. Probably added quite a few years to its life.

IMG_3134 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3136.JPG

IMG_3140.JPG

IMG_3141.JPG

IMG_3143.JPG

More honest photos.. Like I said, it's not perfect but in great shape. Just needs some cosmetics.

IMG_3085.JPG

IMG_3138.JPG

IMG_3139.JPG

IMG_3151.JPG

IMG_3152.JPG

All the little paint bubbles or bare metal has been treated with Linseed oil to prevent any further oxidation. I have photos of the day I applied said oil and they have not grown at all. It was a great little trick in a pinch.

IMG_3076.JPG

IMG_3083.JPG

IMG_3084.JPG

IMG_3137.JPG

IMG_3146.JPG

Nothing to hide. Realized no pics of C-channels in the rear of frame, but I'm sure yo get the idea... They are clean too.
If any interested parties need more photos, please text me and I can send them over. The undercarriage currently has black oil undercoat on it now, but I am happy to send over pics of how it looks at this very moment. These were all taken over the winter.

IMG_3105.JPG

IMG_3110.JPG

IMG_3114.JPG

IMG_3116.JPG

Nice truck! Would you mind sharing your tire / wheel set-up specifications? Fits the OME lift perfectly.

Thanks very much. I think it all looks just right
3" Old Man Emu lift kit with 33X10.5X15 BFGoodrich KO2, 1 inch wheel spacers and Tires and aftermarket wheels (Pacer 342B-5860 )

Bump.. Seeing some action. Random people are starting to come up to me to ask about the truck and is it for sale. It must be spring time again.

Bump.. price is flexible.

Bumping thread with lowered price. Need to sell at worst possible time!

Still not sold. Covid is really keeping people from coming to look and parting with hard earned money on an unnecessary purchase.
I’m flexible on price.
anyways, the other one I’m workingon looks like this currently. You can see it in my build thread too, but it’s a lot of reading and has not been updated in a while
04B4696D-E294-4270-9CC1-38E21BB90A5B.jpeg
645E60E0-7079-4A7B-BC85-314B695DF049.jpeg
382A8655-0C2F-4884-9D78-8F83C5BCCE3B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom