For Sale SOFL NOS FJ40 Telescopic Mirror Arm and Square Mirror Head (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have had these sitting in the attic for nearly 10 years - new never installed.

$100 obo plus ride.

Located SoFlorida
DSC06615.JPG
DSC06616.JPG

Fairly certain it bolts to the lower half of the windshield hinge on the tub for when you have the doors off.

Bill.

Do these fit onto the window hinge or on the door?

Neither. They were designed to be mounted BELOW the windshield hinge. A lot of people cobble together a ‘no-drill’ ‘solution ‘ by flipping one of the hinge brackets. Over time it even got accepted as a common practice. But insofar as it hamstrings the ability of the arm to be properly stabilized by putting the feet much closer together than intended, I have never recommended this ‘fix’

YMMV

GLWS

AHHHH in that case i think i will take a pass.

Since you have no rig listed in your sig line, no way to guess what you’re working with to offer advice. @Sputnik40 also has some door hinge arms for sale that are a no-drill option for ANY 40. Mirrors are readily available.

I will take them please

I have a 76 40 all stock with the mirrors on the doors. However, i have a set of half doors and will be putting on quik hinges on both door sets and would like to have a set of mirrors that did not bolt to the doors as it would be much easier to have just one set of mirrors on the windshield.

Mounting brackets on arm align with holes on tub side mirror hinge - when facing outward (one does not get flipped inwards?) on the "front" of the cowl as intended. You can see how the angle strengthens the pivot point, for lack of a better word. Have seen many others run these with no issues, but always appreciate your input, so no worries either way - let me know. Can see why there would be issues if you mounted on side, but don't think that's what's intended or why anyone would do that?

Bill.
IMG_20191019_062445189.jpg

IMG_20191019_062451262.jpg

Neither. They were designed to be mounted BELOW the windshield hinge. A lot of people cobble together a ‘no-drill’ ‘solution ‘ by flipping one of the hinge brackets. Over time it even got accepted as a common practice. But insofar as it hamstrings the ability of the arm to be properly stabilized by putting the feet much closer together than intended, I have never recommended this ‘fix’

YMMV

GLWS

Pretty sure I see only one side, arm and mirror, but just wanted to confirm: is this a pair of arms/mirrors or just one arm/one mirror for one side?

I could use just the mirror.

This is how the arm is mounted on my 45, there's a doubler plate and the holes are drilled through the tub:

20190617_195111.jpg

Yes, just one - title is singular, not plural :hillbilly:. Sorry if the pictures imply otherwise, just anticipated that most folks would want pics of both sides (of the one arm and mirror that is).

Would only split if there were takers for the arm too. Make an offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom