SOLD SoCal: Used Black FJ40 Factory 15" wheels (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EWheeler

4 Cruisers, No Garage !
GOLD Star
Threads
Looking for a set of 5 used black OEM FJ40 wheels with good hubcap clips. Needs to be the welded version not the riveted version. I am aware I can buy brand new for just over $125 per wheel. Would like something used for both economy and also for the look. Everyone on CL/FB/Offerup wants new prices for 50 year old steel wheels out here. Prefer no tires as I already have tires.

Thanks.

Evan

Still looking for some black wheels.

Check the local LA and surrounding area Craigslist ads, I've seen them pop up once in a while. (you may have already done that)

Check the local LA and surrounding area Craigslist ads, I've seen them pop up once in a while. (you may have already done that)
Yes, I check CL & FB & Offerup daily for parts I "need". Everyone wants 400 for old rusty rims and beatup hubcabs, unaware that for another $100 one can get four brand new ones from Toyota.

Yes, I check CL & FB & Offerup daily for parts I "need". Everyone wants 400 for old rusty rims and beatup hubcabs, unaware that for another $100 one can get four brand new ones from Toyota.
Ain't that the TRUTH here in the SoCal area - I also found I could ship parts out of state for powder coating cheaper than I could drop them off locally.

To be fair, if someone is doing a restore with all the proper year stuff, they are going to want the old crusty rusty rims and will pay a premium for them because they are date stamped. Just sayin.

To be fair, if someone is doing a restore with all the proper year stuff, they are going to want the old crusty rusty rims and will pay a premium for them because they are date stamped. Just sayin.
Maybe? I'm not sure what value the date stamp has for a restored truck if you're just going to sandblast and paint/powdercoat them.

I paid $80 for the set of 5 crusty old grey factory welded 15" wheels that I just had a set of 33x1050's on this morning to go on my '69. I would like a black set for my '71 and I'm patient and will find a set and not pay $400 :) Or maybe I'll just buy new ones cause the '71 really deserves something better than crusty....

Ain't that the TRUTH here in the SoCal area - I also found I could ship parts out of state for powder coating cheaper than I could drop them off locally.
Really? I cannot believe that to be the case for something like a set of 5 wheels? There are TONS of PC places all over SoCal. I think I paid $300 to have 5 14" wheels as well as my entire suspension re-coated on my Polaris side by side.

Really? I cannot believe that to be the case for something like a set of 5 wheels? There are TONS of PC places all over SoCal. I think I paid $300 to have 5 14" wheels as well as my entire suspension re-coated on my Polaris side by side.
WOW, I may need to come see your source next time. (I'm semi joking about shipping out of state, but when you see the build/refurbs going on east of our state and what people are being charged for crates of parts being PC, it begs the question)

I realize there are a lot of PC places in SoCal. But, locally to me, I was charged $400 + Tax for my OEM air cleaner - a real steel tailgate (for when the top is off) and 2 small engine brackets. I was floored at the cost but didn't have a lot of back-ups options to compare or use.

WOW, I may need to come see your source next time. (I'm semi joking about shipping out of state, but when you see the build/refurbs going on east of our state and what people are being charged for crates of parts being PC, it begs the question)

I realize there are a lot of PC places in SoCal. But, locally to me, I was charged $400 + Tax for my OEM air cleaner - a real steel tailgate (for when the top is off) and 2 small engine brackets. I was floored at the cost but didn't have a lot of back-ups options to compare or use.
WOW!! My local guy would have charged 40 to 50 for the air cleaner. I paid 300 for two fenders, bib, bezel, two aprons, hood, hood hinges.

WOW!! My local guy would have charged 40 to 50 for the air cleaner. I paid 300 for two fenders, bib, bezel, two aprons, hood, hood hinges.
Exactly what I've heard from other non - CA, 40 owners - Highway robbery here!

This also is why I'm hesitant to locally get the paint work done I need for my hood and passenger fender - Seriously considering shipping my 40 to one of the gurus on the 40 forum to do it right the first time. Beginning to seem well worth the extra cost to me

Yikes. Labor is expensive if you play by the rules. The guy I uses probably does not.

Black Friday deals = Brand new OEM black FJ40 wheels for $115 each, no tax, no shipping from Vescoco Toyota in New Mexico.

Great deal - just a reminder the wheels come in black primer not paint so will fade quickly if not painted
I did not know that! Thanks Upperblack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom