SOA FJ 62: what’s the best complete soa (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just inherited a 62 with a SOA lift but I have drive shaft rumble and she’s sloppy on the road... when doing a SOA how extensive does it need to be ? No extended driveshaft, no anti wrap, and needs shocks. But, before I start buying parts whats the best way to get these to drive with two fingers on 35’s ? Any help is greatly appreciate. Regards, Marc from CO

The search function is your BFF regarding this mod. With the 61/62 you can usually get away w/out doing a cut and turn on axle housing. Lots of options, get to reading my friend. 🤓

Just inherited a 62 with a SOA lift but I have drive shaft rumble and she’s sloppy on the road... when doing a SOA how extensive does it need to be ? No extended driveshaft, no anti wrap, and needs shocks. But, before I start buying parts whats the best way to get these to drive with two fingers on 35’s ? Any help is greatly appreciate. Regards, Marc from CO

I have a cut and turned front axle and I have a double cardarn rear drive shaft. I can drive 85 mph with two fingers and no wandering.

I don't have an anti wrap bar and it wheels just fine.

Sounds like someone did a sloppy SOA conversion which is very easy to do and then left it for you to sort out.

Please post some pictures so we can see where you are at.

Any pics of one done right would be awesome, nit sure about the flipping axle I was trying to minimize cost fir now. Probably will change out the ring and pinion at some point that could be a option then. Unless that’s the best option

What size tires do you have right now? If you are running 31's or bigger then your transmission is running hot and you're on borrowed time.

Larger tires without regearing is a nono with a A440F auto trans.

There's too many variables to help right now. Can you give us more details of your truck? Especially the front axle and rear driveshaft angle.

33” tires right now it’ll end up with 35”. All stock minus the SOA. And ya I’m probably looking at taking apart the axles to look at the angle. I have no idea if it’s right at the moment. Are you matching the old mount or having to add some angle ? Stock drive shaft with no wrap bar. The bare minimums

The first thing you need is a transmission cooler. I actually have one for sale with the custom hose in the for sale section. pm me if you want it.

IF you don't get a cooler on it you'll overheat the transmission. This is a fact, no ways around it.

Before we can discuss your rear driveline we need to see pictures. You don't need to take anything apart to evaluate your driveline anlges.

The first thing you need is a transmission cooler. I actually have one for sale with the custom hose in the for sale section. pm me if you want it.

IF you don't get a cooler on it you'll overheat the transmission. This is a fact, no ways around it.

Before we can discuss your rear driveline we need to see pictures. You don't need to take anything apart to evaluate your driveline anlges.

will do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom