SOA begins!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'll get more pictures when I get in. As for the Driveshaft I have the stock one. Jason altered it a little to make it work. Should hold up for now.

nice cruiser! makes me want to buy a 60

Just a progress report. The SOA rides like a dream! Steering is tight, 4:88 gears seem to be doing good with the 2F 4 speed combo. Even my father drives it now. Before he was afraid to with all the steering play, but now it's on 35s with all the lift and he says it's more safe feeling. I would totally recommend the SOA. It's by far the better than I ever thought it would be. She sits straight, turns perfect, and isn't to stiff. More than I could ask for. While a little more expensive for parts, I guess the quality of Jason's work and not cutting a single corner has paid off. Please feel free to comment with likes, dislikes, and questions. Jason monitors this post as well, so he can answer any of your questions. Thanks

It's been a while, but I added this rear bumper a couple months ago with swing out tire carrier and ladder. I wanted to post it up.
rearbumper.jpg
rearbumper2.jpg

Looks great, congratulations, your fabber and you should be really proud that you've completed a project and are enjoying the hell out of it. A lot of times projects go the other way and become a disappointment or never get finished.

This has been a great build-thread also, I've been following this thread from the beginning and I think I've spoken to you both a time or two via PM and e-mail. Keep up the updates even if they aren't that often.

I really like this truck! The bumper and roof rack really look sweet! Like 151fab said it is refreshing to see someone take on this big of a project, see it through, and ENJOY it!

keep on wheeling..

Clint

SWEET looking truck
:cheers:
-Carl

How does it ride on street/highway after the SOA/Tire upgrade ?

Thanks guys for the good comments. To answer the question of how it rides on the street, I can only say, like a dream. I got rid of all the sloppy steering when I replaced everything and put the steering dampner on. I have the 4:88s and 35s so it rides pretty much like stock gearing. I have no bounce, I can take corners at normal speeds, I can even go 70 mph. I tell you if I had a 5 speed, I would be 100% money, so look for that in the future.

I had spoke with my friend Jason about doing a SOA for a long time, but we never really got anywhere. One Day I said, ok I'm going to start ordering parts and let's do this! Money wasn't an issue and I didn't cut any corners, which is why it rides so nice. I literally got everything that was even an option to make this thing go.

Proffitt's cruisers were super helpful and took the time to listen to me ask questions and made good points.

I don't regret doing this modification at all, and I'm glad to have the ability to do it how we did it. Not everyone can buy the proper stuff and that is what makes it so nice. It's a big project to take on and one that will transform your vehicle. I only wish I had more time in the country to drive it. Maybe one day.....

I have some more ideas for other things I'd like to do, but in time they will happen. Next, engine tune up, and later 5 speed h55

That rig looks awesome!

Just don't do any pants-poopin' impacts with it ! Too nice a rig!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom