SOA almost done (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thought I would post a couple pics of my SOA. I still need to do the brakes, d-lines, steering and get new leaves made so the military wrap is in the right place. I will eventually do a SR too, but since I can't weld, it will have to wait. Specs are F/sm420/3sp t-case/SOA/mini-disk/longfields/detroit f&r/flipped springs f&r. It is sitting on 33/10.5/15's right now.
Before:

after:

Use air tools and get somebody to help. I did it by myself and by hand as I did most of the work at night so I could not run my air compressor, plus the only 220 outlet is my dryer and my wife was doing laundry on the weekend. Nothing like trying to remove a U-bolt nut that has been scraped over rocks for years. I throughly enjoyed doing it myself though. Nothing like building your own stuff.

Looks good. I'm still gathering parts for mine. Hoping to have it in by Christmas. We'll see. Did you cut and turn the axles? Curious as to how the steering handles if you didn't. Let us know.

I got a good deal on the whole front axle- SOA/cut-n-turned/detroit/mini-disk/longs for $800. It was nice to have it all together instead of having to take it apart and then put it back together. Luckilly my dad helped me get it under and bolted up. It is friggin' heavy. I haven't driven it yet so I don't know how it handles. I think if you don't flip the front springs and don't do a SR you can get away with not cutting and turning. My neighbor's friend has a SOA/SR mini axle under his 40 w/o a cut and turn and he says it handles fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom