SOA 60 Double cardon shafts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hence my post about hearing nothing good. Pat's made my shaft when they still offered quality service. Like Jake, I went to Driveline Services for the second one after dealing with a snotty **** at Pat's.

Yeah I did not realize things had gone down hill so bad there. The last one I got done was 3 years ago there and the service was great.

Lesson learned, word of warning to others.......do not go to Pat's drive line.

Anyone have a spare split case rear output flange? (In case I need to do this myself)

Sorry to hear your woes.

Buy a pre drilled one...Lot less hassle.

gb

Sorry to hear your woes.

Buy a pre drilled one...Lot less hassle.

gb

Any idea were to get a split case flange drilled for a 85 mini truck DC shaft?

(I have a call into Steve at EBI)

(I have a call into Steve at EBI)

Yes.

That's where I got mine to run the 60 series double cardens. That was a while ago now, so I don't recall all the particulars (which end I changed) but I know I had to use one of the pre-drilled ones to get the double carden shafts to work.

gb

Talked to Steve, he has a few stock outputs nothing for the Frankenstein shaft we have made tho. We got a call this afternoon that the shaft was done and ready for pick up. Gavin picked it up and it looks good he said.

Only hold up now is I forgot to order the mini truck 10mm nuts and bolts.......so get to wait till Monday for those now lol.

Well the double Cardon rear shaft did the trick! Truck driver 100x better, no more 30-70km/hr bone jarring vibrations. Gavin is going take it for a trip down the hwy to make it's all good there. May look at doing a traction bar at some point but not needed yet.

Also going to keep our eye open for a 60 dc front shaft so we can finish off the front.

I picked up a T3 super60 turbo for it last week as well. Going to make a basic kit and run low boost (8-10psi). Should be fun!

Anyone have a compassion tester to check the health of the engine? Or want to spend an hour helping us check the compression? Nothing to worry about I do not think, starts cold great with no blue smoke at all, sounds nice and smooth. Just want a good baseline before turbo.

Thanks for all the help guys!! Looking forward to the both of us haveing running truck and heading out to a meeting.

Jeremy

Great news!
When someone finds a compassion tester, send it my way when your finished with it :lol:

It'd be kinda like having a guage to measure crankcase pressure...what's the point. :)

Ok may have been a dumb question........just thought I could save him having to buy one. I have not looked much yet but all the ones at Lordco only go to 300psi. Maybe I'll try KMS or something.

Jeremy, Jeremy
Just making fun of your auto speller/ typo. Compassion tester, instead of compression tester.
I don't have a diesel compression tester, but I'm sure a few Mud members do. There is definitely a "you get what you pay for" with these things. I believe Greg_B had two different testers and got two different readings, but at least they were consistent across the board.

Ok may have been a dumb question........just thought I could save him having to buy one. I have not looked much yet but all the ones at Lordco only go to 300psi. Maybe I'll try KMS or something.

Sorry, having some fun like GG said. :)

I have one, an el cheapo, that you can use.

Jeremy, Jeremy
Just making fun of your auto speller/ typo. Compassion tester, instead of compression tester.
I don't have a diesel compression tester, but I'm sure a few Mud members do. There is definitely a "you get what you pay for" with these things. I believe Greg_B had two different testers and got two different readings, but at least they were consistent across the board.

Sorry, having some fun like GG said. :)

I have one, an el cheapo, that you can use.

Yeah I did not take any offense........I just saw the typo LOL ahh good times. Not sure if it was the auto spell checker or the dyslexic typing it.

Kim, maybe when Gavin gets that seat rail we will use the tester.

I'm thinking it maybe a good idea to keep the truck non turbo till we are ready to change the oil again (brand new Mobil 1 diesel oil in it). That way we can make sure there are no other issues and also get a good baseline done on the fuel economy and other systems. He has not even run a full talk of fuel through it yet and had it for 8 months.

Should also give him time to learn the truck stock and have an appreciation for the turbo when its done.

Front axle service as soon as the weather gets warmer and Nitro Chromoly birf install next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom