So how many rust free 60's have you seen lately? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

See 3 every day: 1 in my garage, 1 outside, & 1 in the parking lot at work, but none of them are rust-free. 2 neighbors have 'em too, same condition. Besides those, probably see 5-10 a week in a town of 30,000.

:beer: My 88 62 is rust free, it spent most of its life in SC in a garage. I have seen a few others around , most in pretty good condition. My first 62 came from Mass. It had terminal bone cancer and skin cancer. I sold about 3 years ago after por15'ing the frame and replacing the pannels that were bad. I saw it a few weeks ago and it still looks good. The Por is working well. I am very glad however that I have the one I have now. I hope to be driving it from now on.:cheers:

What about Colorado? I bet there are more cruisers for sale around Denver than anywhere due to their versatility and appeal to wealthy folk. Some rusty, some not.

I have been looking to buy a 85 - 87 fj 60 for about a month in the seattle area. They range about 5K - 7K. various condition. depends on owner care for the most part. Would prefer diesel "not likely" in my area. There have been 4 lested locally. Two I have driven, serious oil leakers? Anyone thinking of selling?

Jim.

hank14 said:
What about Colorado? I bet there are more cruisers for sale around Denver than anywhere due to their versatility and appeal to wealthy folk. Some rusty, some not.

Yeah, us wealthy folk :rolleyes: have our pick and there are plenty of 60 series around. I would say I see at least one a day around town in varying condition and plenty that are free of rust.

Many rust free 60's s in good condition here in So Cal......hell it was 80 degrees when i was golfing near the Rose Bowl two weeks ago. Gotta luv the sun!! Even so, they are a rare so maybe many is an overstatement. These trucks are head turners and people are always asking, are you selling that? NOT!!!

Yes, there are many rust-frees in Texas. I am the proud owner of one, although I bought mine in Arizona.

Another place that is overlooked is where I grew up (Mississippi). Few I have seen there have rust. The problem is that there aren't too many 60s there.

.....maybe someone from Cottonland Cruisers can chime in on this......

There's a few around here, but very rarely for sale.

Usually are owned for the long term.

I'd like to sell mine, it's 99% rustfree original paint from wa state, so can go back to the us no prob, been enjoying the hell out of it for the last 6 months but 2 weeks ago it started pushing huge steam out the tailpipe, so she's parked(didn't want to drive it in the salt anyways), bought something else for the winter and have my own business and too many other projects allready in line, garage is full of hotrods in pieces, don't want to give it away but it deserves a good 4 wheeling home, if not she's getting a v8 in the spring
cdngearhead@telus.net

What is this thing you call RUST?

Every day I drive it to work!! :)

There are quite a few here in California. As stated if you stay away from the coast and just few miles inland they are generally rust free. Just faded paint and high mileage.

Mine is one of the lower mileage FJ60's I know about.

Mine just got de-rustified.

Sent to the bodyshop and it had "light" surface rust on the hood and roof with a few nasty barnacles. Once they started grinding it came off in sheets.... and some parts need cut out, welded new pieces in, and wire wheeled some spots to death. My fairly cheap respray increased 25% in cost even with the bro hookup.

I'll post pics up on Monday. I fly down to Socal tomorrow to pick it up after it has been there for 8 weeks. ;p I can't wait to see it.

Factory rootbeer brown with a little pearl thrown in. I imagine it will look better than factory.

Never seen one in Warshington. We DONT (do not) salt the roads here in Warshington!

Only krazie people salt the roads!:grinpimp:

I don't see em' very often here in TN, but my 89' I've had for about a year, and I think I'm the third owner, is rust free.

Bought mine about 4 years ago here in KS. It did come from AZ though and it has ZERO rust on it. I did open the side panels on the inside of the back and scooped out about a foot of red dirt that was down in the fender wells. It was all nice and clean when done. I feel lucky to find such a nice solid Cruiser with no rust.

I did see a 62 today at the Wichita Airport. A blue one. It looked pretty solid. Just not too many cruisers around here. I think that is the 3rd one I have seen in about 4 years.

Hayden

"The are putting that Hydrogen something-or-another liquid on the streets here before it snows..It seems that stuff will rust the chips and nicks on painted surfaces and the stock wheels...I don't drive "Buck" unless the roads are dry or so frozen up the crap won't get on him.."

I stuff is called Magneseum Chloride and it will make your vehical rust something feace. I derusted my 40 and painted it and rubberized the wheel wells and the first winter I drove it in that crap I had cancer in the back of the rear wheel wells were ther was no rust in the first place. EERRRRR!!!
Jonathan

I just purchased one two days ago

I picked up a grey 1985 FJ60 two days ago
Exterior....Not one dent, NO RUST, perfect windshield paint is great besides the clear is comming off the hood in a couple places (hood only)
Interior.... is unbeleavable..PO had the drivers seat rebuilt by Toyota new foam, new cover and besides one spot on the carpet in the rear size of quarter....is flawless.
Tires....BRAND NEW set of Yokahama Geolanders M/Ts 32x10.5x15s

now the kicker $1800.00

:) :D :) :D :eek: :) :D :cool: :grinpimp: :beer:

Believe it or not, there are a few rust free examples up here in Fairbanks. Not much salt on the roads- too cold for "ice melt" to work properly.

I picked up one about 2 months ago with no rust and a few dents for the inflated Alaskan price of $3100 (blue, approx. 106,000 miles). Based on my limited search, they range from $3000 to $5000 up here.

In2cruisers said:
I picked up a grey 1985 FJ60 two days ago
Exterior....Not one dent, NO RUST, perfect windshield paint is great besides the clear is comming off the hood in a couple places (hood only)
Interior.... is unbeleavable..PO had the drivers seat rebuilt by Toyota new foam, new cover and besides one spot on the carpet in the rear size of quarter....is flawless.
Tires....BRAND NEW set of Yokahama Geolanders M/Ts 32x10.5x15s

now the kicker $1800.00

:) :D :) :D :eek: :) :D :cool: :grinpimp: :beer:
Thats what I need a find like that !! How did you find the above mentioned 60?

Zack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom