So how many rust free 60's have you seen lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I live in Nebraska, so I guess the count would be zero. There are a couple of clean 60/62s here in Omaha, including mine. Most that are in the area have the typical rear sill/fender rot.

Hodag

I have zero rust on mine, and i see about 2 others around here with little to no rust, then again there is only about 4 -5 around here at all. And almost fewer 40 series.

I guess based on the responses thus far, the place to find the mecca of 60's is AZ, or NM? As of right now there are almost no 60's on ebay at all that would be rust free.

Zack

Well I should have asked first, is there a state or group of states that is the mecca of 60's?

Zack

Heck, i would venture to say anywhere but the right coast, they rot in front of your eyes here.

krzyabncanuck said:
Heck, i would venture to say anywhere but the right coast, they rot in front of your eyes here.
YEah tell me about my 60 is rotting fast AGAIN. The rust was repaired 5 yrs ago!

Zack

Out west would be where it's at. I got mine in AZ about a 1 1/2 ago. Zero rust 158K, completely stock except the ugly aftermarket rims. $5800.

We here in Tx have a lot of rust free or near rust free, I have several and there are a number in LSLC ....most common spots seen are above the rear fender, jsut a few bubbles.....
Butch

I usually see atleast one 60 a week. They are usually rust free here, EXCEPT mine because I bought it on the WRONG coast (no offense:flipoff2: )

Ditto Butch..Texas has to be the home of the rust free, cheap 60/ I see em all the time here, from 1500 on up. Tend to have lots of miles, but bodies are generally not a problem.

Texican said:
We here in Tx have a lot of rust free or near rust free, I have several and there are a number in LSLC ....most common spots seen are above the rear fender, jsut a few bubbles.....
Butch

isee one everyday.......MINE!!!!!:flipoff2:

Zack1978 said:
I guess based on the responses thus far, the place to find the mecca of 60's is AZ, or NM? As of right now there are almost no 60's on ebay at all that would be rust free.

Zack

Mine came from Arizona, spent a little time in VA, now resides in piedmont NC (not subjected to beach salt spray).

I paid a premium for mine because I wanted NO rust.... $7800, just under 200K miles.

If it's a local rig here in Central Oregon, no rust. And there are a bunch here.

Rusted ones are not from this area..13" rain a year, no salt on roads, (volcanic sand chips, well, maybe a few)

The are putting that Hydrogen something-or-another liquid on the streets here before it snows..It seems that stuff will rust the chips and nicks on painted surfaces and the stock wheels...I don't drive "Buck" unless the roads are dry or so frozen up the crap won't get on him..

0, zero.... up here in Montréal....

I just got back from Costa Rica and can report many rust free examples there. The nice thing, too, is that cruisers of all vintages there are clearly lovingly maintained/restored.

My 60 is rust free other than that, theres only 2 other 60's in my city one is my dads.... has rust tho, and another one also rusted. (population of city is 50 000 ppl)

I have two - a rust free 87 that I recently bought near Victorville (inland desert). I have another 87 that was from the San Fran area that has a little roof rust. There are a lot of rust free trucks in California as long as they are they are inland.

Cruiserdrew said:
There are still a lot of 60s around here and none of them seem prone to rust. Mine is rust free and it lives outside most of the time.

Ditto.

Pretty much any place not on the coasts or where they don't use salt on the roads you can find one.

My cruiser is 100% rust free. It came, and I bought it in TX.

Now I live in IN where the rust abounds :eek: . So far there is no extra rust, except for the tail pipe. I'm trying my best to keep it that way. The only way I know how is to not drive much in the salt and wash it off frequently.

Maybe I ought to sell it before the rust starts :frown:

Dunno about there in Jersey, haven't been back home in a while. I'm in UT and I see my rust free 60 that "donated" a motor and front axle to my wheeling 60, looking at me saying "build me up or set me free"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom