Sniper EFI installed! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice clean install. Glad to see the power surge used. I gutted the factory heater so used that location to mount the power surge.

DF0643CB-C1FB-4CB6-B42B-420BA3C97655.jpeg

I think this is a good way to upgrade the necessary increase of fuel pressure without getting too invasive. Have had several people have issues with external fuel pumps having problems pulling fuel from the tank. They push like hell but fail on the pull side. The surge tank uses the same volume required for stock systems but will support somewhere around 900 hp with the pressure provided. As long as your manual pump is pushing fuel into the tank you will never run the pump dry. Pretty cool concept that gives you drive ability with reliability.

I think this is a good way to upgrade the necessary increase of fuel pressure without getting too invasive. Have had several people have issues with external fuel pumps having problems pulling fuel from the tank. They push like hell but fail on the pull side. The surge tank uses the same volume required for stock systems but will support somewhere around 900 hp with the pressure provided. As long as your manual pump is pushing fuel into the tank you will never run the pump dry. Pretty cool concept that gives you drive ability with reliability.

Just to add to this the reliability of the stock pumps vs aftermarket. Stock pumps are relatively cheap and easy to diagnose if they fail. I’ve had a hell of a time with aftermarket pumps.

I've had good luck so far with the 392 on the frame, but I was also able to run new 3/8" lines for both feed and return. I was also alble to keep the pump fairly close to the tank for less pull distance. I had the luxury of the frame being wide open with no body, so doing that sort of work was a bit easier. It was nice to keep the engine bay a bit more open and "stockish", though, as I do run the fan and OEM charcoal canister. I've run the 392s for a years on my Cummins 5.9 as well with no issues as well. As long as you give them proper (solid) power and run a prefilter, the Walbros hold up pretty well.

Good option for those with different needs, though, albeit definitely not required for the fuel flows of the 2F.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom