smog pumper conversion/tensioner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i need help reference finding a replacement for my air/smog pump. i hear there is a guy who sells a pulley tensioner to replace the air/smog pump in order to run your water pump belt. i have removed the inners on my smog pump but want to buy one of the conversions. does anyone know who this guy is? i wanna say his name is Fred C.???

jpcm113@live.com

thanks for any ideas... :cheers:liljoe

jim c makes one, (fj40jim@aol.com) i think it will cost a bill. i use it and has worked great for the last 4 or so years. people also go with the dual alternator setup or even the mean green alt with a dual pulley.

Anyone have pix of the MG alt, dual pulley setup ?

what are the pros and cons of a smog pump removel. are there any negatives to just unhooking or bypasing the smog pump.
I am in the process of tearing down my junkyard found 62 pump to see if i can swap out the parts for my 60 pump that is starting to make one heck of a noise.
I might just make a pully tensioner out of some s****e parts.
I am photographing both pullys parts and pumps to help with any questions or problam solving.

jim c makes one, (fj40jim@aol.com) i think it will cost a bill. i use it and has worked great for the last 4 or so years. people also go with the dual alternator setup or even the mean green alt with a dual pulley.

I just ordered on of Jim's desmog kits. It should come in a few days! Anyway, it includes an idler wheel to delete the smog pump.

idler wheel from the 90s era cruiser with a slight nip and cut with a welder makes a decent replacement bracket, buddy found it out from an old cruiser guru down texas way.

rock it hard

Answers and questions

I just ordered on of Jim's desmog kits. It should come in a few days! Anyway, it includes an idler wheel to delete the smog pump.

Classic Cruisers of Buena Vista, CO also sell idler pulleys

Does JimC 's desmog kit include diagrams?
Did you get one of his carbs and or Dizzys too?

Do you know of a link to what is included with this kit...
Very intrigued, I have an exhaust leak and I would rather just take off the smog crap and add a header while fixing said leak rather than having to put all that junk back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom