Small teaser pic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
From my vacuum shift conversion project. The pneumatic valve has worked flawlessly, and I now also have the option of 2WD low range as well thanks to eliminating the electrical solenoids. I tried hard to make it look as factory as possible, right down to doing up a 2WD version of Toyota's 4WD badge in Adobe Illustrator to be laser etched onto the label material (had to lay a special material over the plastic parts, since ABS itself can't be laser etched).

Switch4WD.jpg

You can see that it's currently shifted into 4WD because I wanted to show how well the light shows up in daylight. Not well. I plan to replace it with an LED when I get around to ordering a batch from LEDtronics.

I'm also working on a writeup as I get the time to do it, but I still need to get a few more pics too. It's on its way though.

Nice attention to detail Spook, I look forward to your write up with that same attention to detail. Thanks!

GREAT. Radio shack has some fairly large LED's that are bright enough to see in daytime. I have a blue one that used to indicate that my rear locker was engaged.

Again, great work! Looks like something in between stock and military/aircraft. I dig it.

Good stuff, Dan. Looking forward to the writeup to see what the innards look like.

outstanding job. also looking forward to the write up.

beaufort,

62's have a High / Low shifter and a push button four-wheel high. When you shift into low you automatically engage 4wd at the same time. The 4wd is vacuum activated.

Caleb

sounds good, I have actually never sat in a cruiser model newer than a 60, so those new fangled inventions confuse me.:D

GulfShoresFJ60 said:
beaufort,

62's have a High / Low shifter and a push button four-wheel high. When you shift into low you automatically engage 4wd at the same time. The 4wd is vacuum activated.

Caleb

Exactly. To add some clarification, there's also a switch in the tcase that sends a signal to the solenoids to automatically shift into 4WD when the stick is shifted into low range, which made it impossible to have a 2LO option when using the solenoids. Since my valve eliminates the solenoids, there's nothing to automatically engage 4WD when you shift the stick into low range. There's also one less electrical part to spend money on replacing :D

Glad to see you guys like it so far. I forgot to take a necessary pic showing how to route the vacuum hoses, so I've got to take apart my dash again to get it (had to be careful with routing or else the recirc cable would catch on the hose). I already know what I'm going to do with my now unused 4WD button panel :idea:

Looks great so let's get on with the write up !!!

How was the break?

Burl

VA.CRUISER said:
Looks great so let's get on with the write up !!!

How was the break?

Burl

Lol, it's comin it's comin! My progress is going bit by bit, but I'm trying my best to make sure it's as clear as possible for you guys who want to do it too (ie: I'm writing it in a way that even I would understand) :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom