Slider manufacturers -- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am getting ready to place me an order for some sliders -- something I am quite looking forward to installing -- the easy stuff is fun --

-- anyway, is there any real option to Slee sliders out there? Does anyone else have any other brands that they're jubilant about?

I've had nothing but good experience with Slee service -- I was gonna buy a lift-kit, and called them and explained my driving habits/terrain and that I was happy with my stock suspension -- they suggested I DIDN'T but their OME setup -- now that's good folk, in my eyes... :)

THANKS for any other mfg. suggestions!

eric :cheers:

Ken Hanna, Hanna Quality, also has 80 series sliders. They offer a slightly different approach around the cats. This has been discussed in several threads in the past months.

Hanna's have a more elaborate (read expensive) skid plate assembly around the cats. Ken's cost more than Christo's do.

You would be hard pressed to build a competent set for what you can buy them for from one of these suppliers.

My money pit just got deeper as I recently aquired one of Christo's rear bumpers with a tire carrier. There is NO WAY I could have fabbed up something as nice as this bumper for anywhere what he is able to sell it for and have it look halfway decent.

No affiliation, yadda, yadda, yadda. It's just damn good stuff.

D-

Eric,
I'd vote for Christo's. His are solid and well built. You will not be sorry.

I had mine custom made, and done at the same time I did some other stuff. I don't think you need custom.

Sliders either work or they don't. His do. There will always be debate over welding or bolting to the frame, design etc. Bottom line is his look great and function great and he provides awesome service.

Then again, you don't need sliders unless you wheel your junk. :flipoff2: :D

[quote author=Junk link=board=2;threadid=8315;start=msg70410#msg70410 date=1070417446]
Then again, you don't need sliders unless you wheel your junk. :flipoff2: :D
[/quote]

I was thinking they'd fit just fine as steps for the ladies climbing in to my rig as your out burying yours... ::) ::) ::) ::)

i dont think you would be "hard pressed" to build a set for less than those (i did mine for a lot less) but you might ask someone one the board to build you some if you are on a budget. i am assuming plenty of guys have built their own and still have jigs. if your not on a budget both of the afformentioned sliders are great. if your interested in anyone else doing it i know some shops in SLC have done them for guys locally and could make you some if you want to save some coin.

There's two brothers I know in Sacramento who make some real strong sliders for Tacoma's and mini's. www.bentup.com I asked about getting some for my 92, they said I'll have to drive up so they can take some measurements. The one's for my Tacoma were only $225 incl. installation. But unlike Slee's, they come bare metal. I just painted mine with a couple coats of flat black. I'm going up two weeks from now, hopefully they can make something for me!! If not, I'll have to save up for some Slee or Hanna protection!

Sick,
Post up some pictures and detail specifications on your custom sliders. How much did yours cost to build?
-B-

I think i spent around 110 dollars in steel. i went over kill on the sliders and mounts. i welded to frame (personal preference) so i saved money on hardware and i got the pipe out of the recycling yard. ....mmm. used a harborfrieght bender for those......(not mine of course) and a cousins welder/shop with my plasma cutter. mostly followed georges basic design. i am out of town for work right now but will be more than happy to post pics when i get back.

oh ya and my time isnt worth much ........took a 3 or 4 days working on and off.

I too have the Hanna Sliders. They are built and I would totally recommend them to anybody wanting some serious side protection. I agree with Dan on the cat protection. It is quite elaborate and, in my opinion, a work of art that has taken a serious beating on my truck and still looks pretty.

On the Slee Sliders, I have not seen them in person but I have never heard any complaints.

Either would be a good choice in my opinion as the cost difference is only ~$100.

[quote author=Rogue link=board=2;threadid=8315;start=msg70699#msg70699 date=1070477241]
"It is quite elaborate and, in my opinion, a work of art that has taken a serious beating on my truck and still looks pretty."
[/quote]

*shedding a tear...* Damn Rogue that was nearly poetic :p . Want some pretty periwinkle bows to hang off 'em ? :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

[glow=purple,2000,3000] :slap:[/glow]

[quote author=Tyler link=board=2;threadid=8315;start=msg70727#msg70727 date=1070482778]
Want some pretty periwinkle bows to hang off 'em ?
[/quote]

Nope. If I did though I would go to you first. :D :flipoff2: :D

Sick,
How much for the powder coating?
-B-

Ouch ! :slap:

Should start up a poll on how many of us saw 'that' coming .. [glow=coffee,20000,30000] :doh:[/glow]

Gee Tyler. How else was I supposed to approach that one. You asked me if I wanted a set of faggety bows for my sliders, so therefore I figured you had them in stock and were willing to supply them.

Currently the truck is quite scratched and dirty. If I ever decide to turn her into an all out street queen i'll let you know. Deal? :flipoff2:
:D

*chuckling* --- Umm , Rogue , my friend , I enjoyed 'yer retorte in good humour .....

My poll comment was meant as a poke at the Wulf's slam on Sick and his homemade sliders ... Certainly they work , but he's commenting on the clear delineation between Slee/Hanna quality and attention to detail and home built . Ie : Powder coating ...

Peace .. out

I am glad you took my responses in good humor as that is the only way they were meant to be taken.

Till next time... :flipoff2:

I have retained Tyler to assist in designing flutter-reduced woodland cammo sheers for the back of my Emerald beauty :flipoff2:

We have decided that a lower rail is OUT as that is too simple a fix. I think maybe a bit of starch............... :cheers:

>> the Wulf's slam on Sick and his homemade sliders [......] but he's commenting on the <<
>> clear delineation between Slee/Hanna quality and attention to detail and home built . <<
>> Ie : Powder coating ... <<

Whoa there mocha latte breath... That's a little harsh. :D

I wasn't slamming Sick's homemade sliders. Mine are "home made" using George's plans *but* they were professionally powder coated before installation. I'm assuming Sick had his powdercoated and was wondering how much that added to the costs. As I recall, the powder coating added something like $250-$300 to the cost of my sliders.

Sick said the steel was $110 and he welded them on, plus using some scrap metal that he had on hand. That's a lot easier, though very invasive, than the effort to build the bolt-on outriggers. The U-bolts aren't cheap either.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom