Slee Tube Steps vs. Slee Slider Steps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Whats the difference and are both acceptable for rock sliding?

Come on Guy. You know the answer. Time for those runners to hit a dumpster.

I'm thinking about the step version as well - the runners used hit me in the shin when I got out of the truck but I'm thinking with a future 2-2.5" lift the step might be a better idea. I'm just sayin.

I asked because I don't see how they're any different but each has it's own name and pricing. I take it the only difference is that one has the flat "Slee" plate.

The sliders are fit closer to the the body and thus provide at bit more clearance. The steps come straight out, so despite being equally strong, the have less clearance.

Darin, when you came and looked at my truck, the ones you saw on my truck were the step sliders. I recommend them... Super easy to install. I did it by myself in about an hour.

The step sliders tube (outermost part of slider) does not
potrude as high as regular slider. it might be a 1 inch or less
difference. In my case the regular sliders saved my bacon.

The difference is that step sliders are built to function better as a step to aid getting into the vehicle. Step sliders have a flat surface with geometry similar to a factory running board. They're more likely to be appreciated on a vehicle that sees a lot of family use. Tube sliders can still be used as a step but are not as convenient. Tube sliders offer slightly better clearance although not enough to make a difference 99% of the time. Both styles function well for rocker protection and sliding.

The difference is that step sliders are built to function better as a step to aid getting into the vehicle. Step sliders have a flat surface with geometry similar to a factory running board. They're more likely to be appreciated on a vehicle that sees a lot of family use. Tube sliders can still be used as a step but are not as convenient. Tube sliders offer slightly better clearance although not enough to make a difference 99% of the time. Both styles function well for rocker protection and sliding.

not to mention the extra material used for the actual flat plate would equate to close to the $100 difference when you add in the cutting work and welding on...

J- your's were perfect.

And to the rest of the BA Cruisers, I'm down for Hollister. April or May seems like a good time to go.

I have the slider steps and me and my :princess: love them. Its good to have the solid step capability for the SO. I hate using the step when my truck is clean, but after a few drinks the steps are a welcome addition. If you have an SO or kids or you are geriatric get the steps. otherwise get the sliders.

And if you are worried about how they hold up, I've had mine for a year, there is no rust. I've scraped the hell out of them and the marks are showing but nothing ever got all the way to the metal. I've had a third of the weight of the cruiser resting on them with no movement at all.

Clarification, I don't think there is any total clearance difference between the models. the tube sliders are angled up at a 45 or so and the steps are flat but the main structure is the same height.

Last edited:
You will really have to push it to test slides.at holster..... a couple.of.the things on the obsticle course.... otherwise the place.is pretty easy for our rigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom