Slee slider steps install notes - 2018 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@doktorno

The kits usually include a few extra rivnuts more than you actually need. If yours only came with 4, then you may want to see if you accidentally bought the LX570 kit, which only requires 1 rivnut (I assume you have an LC?)

Regarding the instructions - make sure you download them from the website, that's the only way to make sure you have the most recent version and that you have the one specific to your LC or LX.

If you have an LC, the Slee sliders should come with two hardware kits. One is used on the LX plus the LC and then the other one extra for our LC's. This was something that was very difficult for the guy at Slee to understand. Even though I went to Slee in person, with the sliders in my truck and the hardware bag in front of me with their instructions. I showed him what I had and what I needed, referencing their instructions.

I literally had to tell the Slee guy (in person!) several times "No, I have this hardware kit here, that you show in your instructions. I need *that* hardware kit that you show in your instructions *here*". Then he finally understood and went and got it for me. There's NO way I would've gotten what I needed if I'd tried to explain it over the phone.

Yes @RET2 @FerrisBueller @Docwyte , my dumb ass did not order the hardware kit. Thanks for your response. And I had six hours set aside without family duties!!! Thanks to this thread, the holes are drilled and painted, and the steps are assembled and ready to hang. Had extra time to install a battery tray.
059BED59-8FB1-49D3-B8A7-71C5B4F2ADE8.jpeg

500BD62E-A348-43D9-A625-841FA2984F0D.jpeg

No worries! The steps are a lot easier to install if you have a second pair of hands helping. Once I got to the point where you are a friend of mine dropped by and helped me hang both step sliders into place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom