Slee Rear Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bumper prices!

Yeah I hear ya! everyone wants the rear bumpers, but when you make them they think their too expensive! Has anyone tried to make a bumper that detailed and nice? If you have you know that they are well worth the price at that! Great looking bumpers as always, I love your work Cristo.

Yup, we must be. Steel is cheap, labor is cheap, warehousing is cheap, insurance is cheap, support is cheap, hell the bumper should be cheap, why not :D

We made a small run since I had people commit before the time. We made some extra but they got sold as well. We should be shipping all the bumpers this week. If we get some commitments then we can run another batch.

They're smoking crack at that price. It is nice though.

Yep, they will never sell one at that price. I bet they will sit on the shelf for years until they decide to have a clearance sale:rolleyes:

P.S. How many are still available?

Last edited:
Some that have tried to replicate the bumper for less $$$ have gone by the wayside.

Hey Steve, you've got a point but it should be mentioned that others do exist and can be found for less by a simple search. Not disparaging Christo's fine products but if they aren't available people don't have to assume they'll be unable to find a high quality bumper for their 60 series.

:cheers:

One of the benefits of an engineered bumper like Christo's is that it weighs less than most of the home brewed creations but still does an excellant job of protection. When I was driving a 2F powered rig, the last thing I wanted was excess weight.

We made a small run since I had people commit before the time. We made some extra but they got sold as well. We should be shipping all the bumpers this week. If we get some commitments then we can run another batch.

Hi Christo:

I couldn't put the money together before your last deadline, so I had to sit out that round. If you are going to do it again, I'm interested. Maybe I'll be able to scare up the cash. Please PM me the price, including shipping to 59102. I never got the shipping price from you last time.

One of the benefits of an engineered bumper like Christo's is that it weighs less than most of the home brewed creations but still does an excellant job of protection. When I was driving a 2F powered rig, the last thing I wanted was excess weight.

come on.......after adding a roof top tent,sliders, front and rear bumpers, winches,rear drawer system, ect,ect,ect....who really cares about the weight.

we all know we drive the ultimate "BRICK" so does it really matter? :D

bravo cristo, wait til the june 1 price increases hit. I'm hearing Nucor has already announced between 17 and twenty percent increase in steel. All the smaller sources will fall inline within a month.
but on the upside scrap is fetching 150.00 a ton with them picking it up.

Yup, we must be. Steel is cheap, labor is cheap, warehousing is cheap, insurance is cheap, support is cheap, hell the bumper should be cheap, why not :D

Just got my Slee bumper yesterday. Can't wait to throw it on!!!

Kewl!

Post a pic of that bad boy once you've got it on there.

custom fabwork worth it?

I personally think anything Cristo makes is worth it!! Being a fabricator and knowing what goes into design time, build time etc.. Custom bumpers are time consuming! Why do you think no one is really making them for the 60's anymore? Everyone wants one, but no one commits! Try the build on your own and you will agree, it's worth it. (not trying to come off in a rude manner by any means!!:D).

I know that bumper is nice but is it really worth that price?

looks well made, but I would never pay that kind of money for it. I can get a custom one made locally for much less.

great looking bumper, and after looking at the stuff they fab first hand, totally worth it.

Toyota just tried to sell me a set of transmission lines for an FJ62 for a thousand bucks. I would never say that that bumper is not worth 1,700 bucks. I say there are a lot of other things I need to do with the next 1700 I can spare on the 62 before I get to a back bumper. That bumper is a nice piece of work nevertheless.

It's a great looking bumper but I can't afford something like that... Back to the grinding wheel and sawzall...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom