Slee 1st gen. rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Get outside

Get out n explore!!!
SILVER Star
Threads
Cristo, if you see this I appreciate your input as well!

I'm looking at a local 1st generation Slee rear bumper and had a few questions for those who have one:

- Is the spindle the same size through out the years? I mean, will a newer swing fit the older bumper spindle?

- What was the price for those when new n what is a fair amount for them now? Guess that's opinion based!

- How is yours holding up to the abuse when used as intended?

Thanks for any info

I have had mine since 2008 and it has held up very well. Takes dropping off of ledges with ease. Couple weeks ago had a front end loader chain up to it, to lift and pull me out of a big mud hole. ( see 100 Photo thread at top of forum, pg 390) Still looks good, just needs some paint touch up.
Hadn't thought of selling it, but ... I do need to sell my front ARB bumper.

I have had mine since 2008 and it has held up very well. Takes dropping off of ledges with ease. Couple weeks ago had a front end loader chain up to it, to lift and pull me out of a big mud hole. ( see 100 Photo thread at top of forum, pg 390) Still looks good, just needs some paint touch up.
Hadn't thought of selling it, but ... I do need to sell my front ARB bumper.
Do you remember how much you paid for it? I'm trying to figure a ballpark fair price for it!

Little more than $2000

I'd love a slee rear bumper but I don't want the swing outs and other gizmos, just the bumper.

I love mine! I sought out the Gen 1 b/c I didn't have need for the double swig out and I belive I offered the seller close to the MSRP (actually, I talked the seller into purchasing the Gen 2 model) . As far as the spindle is concerned, they looked to be the same size but you might want to get confirmation from Christo.

Let me also add that I have put a couple of dings in mine but those "dings" would have destroyed the OEM bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom