SKREEEECHHHH! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Tell me this: What would cause a 'SKREEEECHHHH'....or maybe at least a squeal...when from a very, very slow forward roll, I go from &#039:D' to 'R' without coming to a complete stop. Best way to describe the sound: like a slipping belt on my riding lawnmower....sounds like it's coming from the front diff (on the LX, not the lawnmower).

Let the diagnoses and chastisement begin.

coming to a complete stop would help? :D
E

[quote author=bkgiii link=board=2;threadid=13906;start=msg128970#msg128970 date=1080600028]
I go from &#039:D' to 'R' without coming to a complete stop.
[/quote]

Hey! mine makes that sound when I put it in neutral, rev it to above 3500 rpm's and then slam it into drive. :slap: :D
:cheers:

[quote author=LandCruiserPhil link=board=2;threadid=13906;start=msg129150#msg129150 date=1080615523]
GO all the way to 5000 rpm and do it ........it will make a new sound.

Phil
[/quote]

Strange, it's even worse when I do it in 4-Lo on dry asphalt with the front and rear locked.

MoJ, that would be music to Dan's ears, though...
E

Man I guess :eek:
I couldn't begin to imagine what I would have to order.

[quote author=MoJ link=board=2;threadid=13906;start=msg129153#msg129153 date=1080615666]
4-Lo on dry asphalt
[/quote]

Uhh.. in case you don't know, I wouldn't be running figure 8's in that configuration.

BTW... this isn't the gosh awful skeech that was discussed in a thread a couple of months back...? I forget the source, maybe inner bearings??

Good luck.
Rookie2

You guys are a playin' my song :flipoff2:

I vote for a 5 grand neutral drop into low with a bit of reverse vehicle roll. ::)

Oh, let's have it in low range as well, shall we? :flipoff2:

Seriously Kit, it is not a good idea to shift between forward and reverse gears when the vehicle is in motion. Have you tried it with the vehicle stationary? the noise may be related to the opposing vehicle movement.

I do not want to depreciate your billfold in this manner....... :eek:

D-

BKG,
You're a few days early with this thread. April 1 is Thursday.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom