Skottle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can do a lot of things myself that I choose to outsource instead. My time is worth more to me now than it was when I was a broke college student.

Declaring it overpriced is kind of silly when you have no idea what his actual costs are and what kind of margin he needs to run his business profitably.

Kudos on figuring out a DIY version. Please post pics when it's complete.

Declaring it overpriced is kind of silly when you have no idea what his actual costs are and what kind of margin he needs to run his business profitably.

One of my pet hates. People use "overpriced" when they mean expensive. As you pointed out, you can only describe something as overpriced if you know the margins. We manufacture wooden toys - they are expensive compared to plastic toys made in China, but they are not overpriced dammit!

If you can get hold of one of these:
.:Volcano Cookware:.
They fit on the same base as the skottle or skottel bbq's , and are great. I have had mine for about 20 years, I still do eggs and bacon and steak on it, the non-stick surface is still good, and because it is flat you can do lots of things on it and it doesn't all slide to the middle of the pan (perfect for paella too). The base is nice and thick so it heats much more evenly than the skottel. Unfortunately they do not post (crazy), so you have to go and fetch it in Brakpan, South Africa, or get somebody to mail it to you. Otherwise a good business opportunity for the people that copied the skottel idea in the first place. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom