Skottle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I ordered this last week from Tembo Tusk and it arrived yesterday. We threw together a quick stir fry last night. Very cool piece of gear that I think will replace my camp stove completely.

DC60612B-EA6B-4E57-A559-7FB3A5B1D611_zpsx7bmu4qv.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday as well...did a quick meal last night, and it was great :) Need to do breakfast on it...shortly ;)

Pretty cool, but a wok or disco on a stove seems much more practical.

You'd need a pretty big stove for a wok or disco this size. This uses a single Coleman burner that can be easily removed and used to boil water or even accommodate a frying pan. It packs down and has a nice carrying case. I'm using an equal amount of space with this vs. my camp stove+pans+griddle. And clean up is way easier.

I looked at the mojoe griddles and the like. Those are great, but I don't haul around a camp chef stove so for my application this makes more sense.

We were travelling this weekend, but I was determined to cook something on the skottel so we stopped off at the supermarket on the way home this morning to grab food for lunch. Ribeye was on sale, so I had the butcher shave off a pound on the meat slicer. First I sauteed an onion and a green pepper in olive oil and a tbsp of kerrygold butter. Once the veggies were sweating I pushed them to the side to warm and threw the ribeye in with a dash of salt, pepper, and garlic. The meat cooked quickly, although, in retrospect, I should have amped up the heat a little to get a better seer and leave more bits for the au jus. I pushed the meat to the other side to warm then reduced a cup or so of red wine over the center and added beef broth to complete the au jus. I removed as much of that as I could with a spoon then tossed the meat and veggies in the remainder. I portioned the mix of meat, veggies, and au jus out to sandwich sizes and topped each with provolone. Added some water to steam and laid a baking pan across the top to capture the heat. Finally, everything went on to hot french bread. It was amazing:

81DC46C5-F5E9-4949-8359-138662EBC902_zps0lgyxzg7.jpg

6C729BAF-8475-4936-A0A4-12DFF23960AA_zpsfhjuw1tt.jpg

1613FA93-DC04-4FB4-BD37-2D69E41BA68D_zpsjwbim4pc.jpg

744EBEC5-16C4-41B3-86E0-E30FC84FBC30_zpsozrevbkm.jpg

74ED61D8-1FFB-4B53-B8E2-99C3A2F533BF_zpsdgalm9gl.jpg

353091DA-963C-4635-834C-6092BAB82DF8_zps6k7o5ytw.jpg

The Skottle rocks! Need to take mine to the beach and take some pictures of it in action!

Has anyone made a chuck box that fits a Skottle? I was thinking something like this?
Grab Box Camp Kitchen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom