Size of your Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Alright, get your mind outa the gutter, my boss sideswiped my FJ60 friday, this will result in sort of a payday (my focus is wheeling) and in a past life I wheels a zuk pretty hard, the point, that body damage doesnt even make me flinch anymore, so ....

what size rack?

I have been lurking and I have seen alot of racks, what size are your racks? post up some images, and let me hear what size you got....

I have been looking into surco's 50x60, 50x45 and so on...

:bounce::bounce2::cheers:

about 6' long...(built my own and seems to work good)
test.JPG

Katemcy4.sized.jpg

mines 5x7 I like the full lenth I also have axe/shovel and highlift mounts I want to make a ladder but never got around to it ... I also put 3/4 plywood and painted it white works like a jungle top lower te temp int the 10/15 deg and I can stand on it easyer

I may be judgemental, but I think the African Outback rack is the best rack out there.

I have one on the 100 and it's light and extremely strong.

That being said, I have the biggest Surco on the 60 and it does exactly what I need it to do.

The Surco is defintely nowhere near as strong, but it is AL and very light. I can lift it up there myself.

Last edited:
if you have money coming your way... side step the rack and invest in a locker?

b/c I want to move to 4:10's at the same time.....

and its not enuogh to do both ends ...

I may be judgemental, but I think the African Outback rack is the best rack out there.

I have one on the 100 and it's light and extremely strong.

That being said, I have the biggest Surco on the 60 and it does exactly what I need it to do.

The Surco is defintely nowhere near as strong, but it is AL and very light. I can lift it up there myself.

I dont think that looks funny at all?! you have the outback on another '60?

Surco's racks look funny and dont hold up get a defener rack

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/ProductCart/PC/racks.asp

there gutter mount clamp kits are the old Con-Free type and are VERY strong

http://www.offroadunlimited.com/ProductCart/PC/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=1323&idproduct=4716

but I also say a locker is better if you wheel hard... but if its a camper I love my rack

these racks are really sweet!! but a little spendy... the '60 is 550+ the same size rack from surco is 295....

I am starting to reconsider the locker idea... I am going to swap in an entire centersection from a '62 to get the 4:10 gearz... will the locker work with either? (thinking that I will use a aussie locker..)

these racks are really sweet!! but a little spendy... the '60 is 550+ the same size rack from surco is 295....

I am starting to reconsider the locker idea... I am going to swap in an entire centersection from a '62 to get the 4:10 gearz... will the locker work with either? (thinking that I will use a aussie locker..)

they also carry twice the whgt :grinpimp: ... the aussie is a great idea too and you can swap it from diff to diff as you change gears as well

Whatever, but no rack is complete unless it has a set of steer horns :lol:
DSC00757%20%28Custom%29.JPG

Whatever, but no rack is complete unless it has a set of steer horns :lol:

you know, youre right, I never thought of it that way....

:)

I have been looking into surco's 50x60, 50x45 and so on...

:bounce::bounce2::cheers:

that's funny, i custom built one for my rig @ 50x60. i never copied or looked at any other brands, just measured the roof using the SWAG method. i wish it was a little longer...so the :princess: says.
RoofRack6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom