Single speed (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

73828D7A-7E88-416C-A442-1B81928B6CDE.jpeg

I’ve put way too much money into this single speed.

I’m pretty sure the frame was less than 100 bucks when I first bought it.

The brakes are brand new and hydraulics, I’ve overhauled the entire cockpit with new stem and handlebars.

I think that’s the third crank before I found the sweet spot.

Still going with tubed narrow ass tires because there’s not much room on the chain stays and the seat stays.

The cromoly frame and fork give a sweet ride.

I took the eccentric bottom bracket apart and it doesn’t look as badly marred as some, not too many shops still offering them, but I know a place in Taiwan that I think still sells them.

Last edited:
I just finished this build. Pipedream Sirius White Industry hubs laced to Bontrager 29er I30 DH hoops. I built it to be a tank become super hard on well everything.

I love this thing and while I don’t set out hit Strava times I do watch them to see improvement. Since dropping gears I set PRs most every ride and still make 99% of the climbs I did before

61BB05CD-9460-4EF9-BBD6-19D762E824C4.jpeg

Kogswell Type F converted to ss/fixed. Keeping it real. Goodies from Velo Orange on the way.

IMG_0666.JPG

IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

I just finished this build. Pipedream Sirius White Industry hubs laced to Bontrager 29er I30 DH hoops. I built it to be a tank become super hard on well everything.

I love this thing and while I don’t set out hit Strava times I do watch them to see improvement. Since dropping gears I set PRs most every ride and still make 99% of the climbs I did before

View attachment 2913858
Another green Sirius S5 owner! Awesome.

20220121_172825.jpg

Man I haven't ridden a SS in a while. Who is making a complete BA SS these days?

Lots of folks.

Mone out of Silver City, NM
Falconer out of Quincy, CA
Squid out of Sacramento, CA

Really depends on what you want.
Wait… there are new singlespeeds? Are you sure? How is that possible?

I thought they were like beryllium - only made during that big bang five thousand or so years ago,

We all just buy them used. Right?

That looks like a saddle I once owned. It had a cool glitter bass boat red cover (Serfas ARC Ti).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom