Single speed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup. Had to rob parts from my parts bin and my brothers as the ones I want are on back order. Oh well. It still rides awesome.

4DD2B56A-600E-4679-B006-2B7A47E43D86.jpeg

I'll put some occasional miles on my Redline Monocog. No suspension, cantilever brakes, tubed 29s....it gets some looks :)

Yep, part-time SS on the mountain bike. Usually winter-spring SS and summer-fall geared.
41BD7738-4E8A-4206-92F8-CB5D58F7C9BC.jpeg

Full time SS on my cyclocross racer. Also run full time SS on my commuter.
D80534F1-6022-48DD-9F9D-95969D593F6D.jpeg

Love the Niner...I have a full carbon Air 9, fantasic bikes.

Totally agree. I’ve run it SS and geared, rigid and as a hardtail - super versatile. I’m currently running a 130mm Fox Fork and a 1.5deg angle set headset. So it slackened it up and made it a bit more modern geometry. Definitely changed the handling. Made it way more fun to chase my enduro buddies around, now I can keep up with them.

It's all I ride. I have two flavors right now, but am contemplating two more. I like the classics. Schwinn Homegrowns, in this case. The SweetSpot has been converted to 27.5 and is pretty much my go to ride for bumpy stuff. The hardtail is light nimble and fast for the flowy smooth trails. THey both climb VERY well.

01 HG Tree Spring Creek.jpg

IMG_3429.jpg

I've got a SSCX as well, older damaged carbon frame with a flatbar build as well. Please excuse the NDS photo.

1609176184273.png

My new ride. A buddy of mine bought this used awhile back and never really connected with it, so he made me a killer deal. Sycip Designs steel SS with a Gates Carbon Drive belt. The belt drive is a new experience for me and I really like it. It's absolutely silent. I never though of a chain as noisy and then I got this. Even though the bike was built to someone else's specs, it fits me like a glove and is absolutely dialed. I rode it four times in the first 8 days I owned it. Now it's raining cats and dogs, so it's safely tucked away for a bit.

Cheers!

IMG_6568.JPG

IMG_6544.JPG

IMG_6600.JPG

Love the Sycip products. One of the best things about that belt is the fact that it wont lose/require chain lube during those sloppy rides!!

Enjoy!

2 different bikes, gauging by headtube length/bosses/rear brake routing?

The indy fab is sick, and reminds me of a monster sscx I had a ways back. Who built the other frame?

alright memory lane steelies, thanks for the reminder @bugsnbikes.

Eugene-made Burley Harlow. Indy Fab SSCX w/ 29x2.0s. and a better shot of my weird Carbon SSCX from the driveside.

@Chuckha62 , check the routing of the brake on the TT. and the 2nd bottle boss near the HT on the DT. also, open room between DT/TT on the HT indicate a much bigger (possibly custom) frame.

burley_harlow.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

IMG_20161029_1424541.jpg

Ti- with the dirt drop bars is a Matt Chester.
IF steel is my oldest mtn that has a 25.5” TT and ended up being able to fit 29er wheels - just lopped off the 26” brake bosses and welded em on for 29 and added a 40mm Ti-Cycles ti headtube extension for dirt drop geometry.
I have another IF ti -26” SS thats my main whip and is around 18.25lbs with 2.25’s.
and then a few other unique geared bikes

Heres somw closeups of the latear iterations- ive recently gone backpackless and have each bike going thru some trial setups for packing gear on frame:vs bikebag. the IF ti currently has a Dark Speed Works aero slimbag:

DDC1B599-9C97-47FC-8038-24347C67753B.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom