For Sale Simple Mod I love & Stereo/Amp/Console/Console Speaker/Etc. for Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, today I did a downgrade to upgrade after upgrading my stereo and speakers. I put a 1992 center console into my 1997 LX450 which gives me more storage &!!! an extra cup holder or two (debating on adding the old console cup holder into a position for the passenger. With that, I'm selling my old AM/FM tape player with 6 disc CD Changer. The center console speaker works just fine as well, but I bypassed it with the new stereo install. The amp works just fine as well. In addition, I'll throw in the bluetooth tape I was utilizing to listen to music off of my phone. You'll notice a small cut in the stereo which I did in order to keep the bluetooth tape plugged in. I have all the mounts, and can pull all the wiring for you. I believe the only wiring you'll be missing is the plugs that go into the amp as I needed those for my new stereo. Pics of both the mod, as well as the items for sale below. I had painted my old console black, but it was originally the brown, so I'm sure you could sand off the paint. The lid for the 1992 console is gray (sorry, keeping the upgraded leather lid with storage compartment. Asking $300 OBO for all items for sale +shipping.

So, today I did a downgrade to upgrade after upgrading my stereo and speakers. I put a 1992 center console into my 1997 LX450 which gives me more storage &!!! an extra cup holder or two (debating on adding the old console cup holder into a position for the passenger. With that, I'm selling my old AM/FM tape player with 6 disc CD Changer. The center console speaker works just fine as well, but I bypassed it with the new stereo install. The amp works just fine as well. In addition, I'll throw in the bluetooth tape I was utilizing to listen to music off of my phone. You'll notice a small cut in the stereo which I did in order to keep the bluetooth tape plugged in. I have all the mounts, and can pull all the wiring for you. I believe the only wiring you'll be missing is the plugs that go into the amp as I needed those for my new stereo. Pics of both the mod, as well as the items for sale below. I had painted my old console black, but it was originally the brown, so I'm sure you could sand off the paint. The lid for the 1992 console is gray (sorry, keeping the upgraded leather lid with storage compartment. Asking $300 OBO for all items for sale +shipping.

IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0458.JPG

What is that magical looking Bluetooth cassette??

Gives a car tape deck Bluetooth capabilities so you can talk hands free and sync music on your phone.

How is it powered? I look on Amazon and there are only a couple offerings none with stellar reviews. How would you rate the BT Tape Adaptor’s performance good sir?

Works well in terms of music. Honestly don't think I ever actually used it for calling but it does have that feature as well with a mic. It's powered with a USB cable. The only downside to this one, is that it doesn't charge while it's on. It has about a 4 hour battery life. I had another but the charger connection on the old one (years old) got loose and wouldn't work anymore. I bought this one from Best Buy last minute before a trip and was bummed it didn't charge while working. The old one did, hence why I cut the bottom of the tape deck plastic so that the USB cable would fit while the tape was in. I'd look for one that charges while in if I were you. I believe there's also FM frequency bluetooth systems as well. I think most of them plug into the cigarette lighter power.

What did you do with all the wiring and stuff after you removed the Lexus console? I’m trying to do the same thing but I don’t know what to do with the wires after I remove the console/cd player

What did you do with all the wiring and stuff after you removed the Lexus console? I’m trying to do the same thing but I don’t know what to do with the wires after I remove the console/cd player

There's an instructional thread here on Mud which describes what to do with the wiring for the Lexus system. It's been some time, but if I recall correctly, you actually have to buy some converting wire kits for a new stereo and actually connect them near the right side where the amp was located as you won't need the amp anymore. You should be able to find that thread in 80 series tech. If you can't I may be able to but busy work morning.

There's an instructional thread here on Mud which describes what to do with the wiring for the Lexus system. It's been some time, but if I recall correctly, you actually have to buy some converting wire kits for a new stereo and actually connect them near the right side where the amp was located as you won't need the amp anymore. You should be able to find that thread in 80 series tech. If you can't I may be able to but busy work morning.

I think golden dragon is referring to the wires going to the console and you are referring to the headunit wiring?

Correct the wires to the cd changer.

I am planning to replace the head unit with a Pioneer Model:AVH-2550NEX.

I don’t recall doing anything with the wires for the CD changer, as I deleted the CD changer, perhaps I just closed them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom