Silver one...repost? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

its that Marv licking the door handle? :D
010.jpg

kinda cool
008.jpg

like this pic also, I dig the blue
016.jpg

Is it just me or does that silver rig look fake....look carefully at the panel seams -they don't look real. It almost looks like it is one piece molded plastic with a reveal to simulate a joint between panels.

The thing that I notice is that the silver only has two wiper blades, while the blue had three.

Fake?

Here are 2 pics to show what I am talking about. The panel gaps don't appear deep enough -that is it does not look as though there are actually 2 seperate panels with a gap between them. IT looks like one pice with a molded reveal. Notice there is no significant shadow. when you look at a photo of a panel gap on any real vehicle you will see a black shadow line. If you look at the pics Granger posted you'll see what I mean. compare the vertical joints above the corner light.
door panel.jpg
hood.jpg

I think you're right - those seams don't have any shadowed middle.

Nevertheless............I'm starting to like this thing, dammit.

The silver one was at the Off-Road Expo this weekend in Pomona. Yes, it is nothing more than a plastic "shell". This one had 3 wipers. What a disapointment. Couldn't even get near it they had it up on a stage. The "rep" had no answers reguarding the specs, or anything else for that matter. We've gotten better "dirt" on the new FJ CRUISER here on MUD.

Yeah, that's not the test units shown on the toyota site or even the blue one that sor got to shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom