Signal relocation to corner lights. No cutting/splicing. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BlueCruiser84

SILVER Star
Threads
I just relocated my front turn signals to my corner lights due to installing an aftermarket bumper. This is nothing new, but I combined a couple methods into one that worked for me.

I hate cutting factory wiring so I bought plugs which plug into the factory turn signal plugs. Then I drilled holes into the corner markers and install these Dorman sockets and used a 921 bulb which is nice and bright and has enough resistance so you won’t get hyperblink. That’s it. Pictures below.

Here are the connectors I used to plug into the factory harness.

Here are the dorman sockets. Part number 85814.

Amazon product ASIN B000C5I7LW
Remove the corner lights and drill a hole below the existing bulb. Insert dorman socket to ensure proper fit
723DBB1B-061D-480D-960D-D713DAF06A53.jpeg

Pin your new dorman sockets into the new plugs.
Factory bulb housing is the upper socket. Lower socket is the new connector.
888D0E3C-58E3-4034-B003-84354FA4B89B.jpeg

58D5137E-A152-415A-AE68-CEBC98439D65.jpeg

Push the new Dorman socket into the hole you drilled in the corner light and fish the factory harness up to where you can plug everything together. All done.

Nice. I did this a few years back. The new bulbs weren't enough to keep it from speed blinking so I had to go back to the store and find a higher wattage bulb to make it blink normally.

Yea the bulb in there now works ok on the PS but it goes back and forth between speed blink and regular blink on the DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom