Show me your rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

surf the registry

A while back I was thinking new rear bumper and I got a lot of ideas by surfing the FJ60 registry. If you see one you like, try sending a PM to the owner.

Here you go Nolen.....

Bumper from JK Customs.
IMG_2180.jpg

I made my bumper because I never found one that did everything I wanted it to do. The center section is actually the rear cross member. I cut a hole for the receiver and winch mount and fairlead. I then made the end pieces from 4x4 x 1/4" tube cut in half with 1/2" plate for the shackles. The end pieces also got the pivots for the tire carrier and gas/gear rack. Next week I am going to install quarter guards and tie them in the ends of the bumper.

Best of luck
Tony
Rear bumper 005.jpg

Solid rock off road

Slee knock-off

A friend who actually knows what they are doing helped reverse engineer his 80-series Slee bumper to fit my 60.
fj60 rear websmall.JPG

Wonder how I will feel after I drink those two bottles of Chuck tonight? LOL Thanks...

You would have gotten more but Annie told them the first time it was Wine...(illegal to transport unless you are a dealer..)

:D

Here's one of mine, another by SROR. It had the spare back there but I needed to carry more fuel so Jim modified it to this per my preference.
1.jpg

home made

here's mine. I was aiming for as tucked in as possible so I took some length off the frame and made the brackets for the bumper 2 inches higher than stock. Noticed a big difference in how much I drag the tail over things.
bumper1.jpg
bumper2.jpg

Here's one of mine, another by SROR. It had the spare back there but I needed to carry more fuel so Jim modified it to this per my preference.

I love that look!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom