Show me your 80/LX450 cockpit accessory mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking for inspiration of how to mount my growing arsenal of devices in my 80 cockpit as I aint very happy with my solution.

Thanks!

IMG-20191109-WA0004.jpeg

I am using a cup holder Lido mount in my daily driver. They also make one for for attaching to the bolt of the front seat if you have bucket seats (I can't tell from your photo). Good lord man, you have a lot of stuff hanging off your dash. You might need to fabricate a shelf for all that stuff.

Larry in El Paso

Yeah, issue is it gets more and more because I cant put an antenna anywhere useful around the flat, so the 80 is my ham radio shack too :confused:
I would be happy with some sort of a rail/track on the dash itself - but must be bulletproof.

a) i lack the skill of welding right now (mainly because the equipment is so costly here)
b) it is all plastic with the underlying frame being toyotally cluttered by the numerous stuff toyota put under the dash so noone can find a spot to mount a counterplate.

Suction cups aint an option - some dancing poles beside the seat bolts - well I aint a fan of those solutions as i dont want to interfere with the comfort of the passenger space. And - I found out poles tend to be shaky too, no matter what they advertise.

So the solution must go onto the dash, something like this:

image_014095c4-091e-4f42-af7a-778501d13484_3318x.jpg

Last edited:

I know this is a jeep thing, but seems like one could modify or adapt something similar. In other words come up with some way in which to setup a bar that runs the length of the dash, but sits down low and does not interfere with things. I'm going to see what might work on my 60 at some point...of course I have no concerns with air bags..etc. The bar/tube is the mount fixture points for devices using the various collars and other type mounts floating around. Just an idea

yeah, bar - better a rail - would be the ultimate goal. issue: sadly there is no such thing as a straight piece of dash in an 80. only above the console, but its upper part is not stable enough.

I’m a fan of not drilling new holes if I can avoid doing so I will. The aluminum tube is heated and smashed at both end with correct bends. This clears the ashtray, I added a small plastic washer on the lower portion where the tube screws to the factory console screw. I get no movement or shake with this added support. Set up allows me to see the radio channels, clock and doesn’t block the ac vent to the passenger. Everything can be removed and returned to stock if I ever wanted to.

The @absolute-wits-end.com useless cubby insert is the basis for this set up. Huge shout out to Joey (@NLXTACY) for this product.

The heat shrink was added to avoid any squeaking but I have never had a problem. This has been my set up for the last wo years and almost 20,000 miles.
0621329A-8F08-4B7B-BA9B-434F4C48F9FE.jpeg
ED4F3535-CF37-4E2E-BA55-05603D31BD39.jpeg
A9283DCE-E511-425C-8791-1945F9E38BF2.jpeg
A5D5EA96-706A-4FD1-9DEC-445A81878984.jpeg
566B68BB-71D5-4C39-8B7F-B9E466272625.jpeg

Last edited:
Does this setup keep your tablet super stable (no shaking)? I like it a lot! I have Joey’s ashtray replacement as well with a couple toggle switches installed.
Does the tablet encroach on the passenger cockpit area?

I am seriously considering a modification of my setup based on this.

Thanks for sharing!

Does this setup keep your tablet super stable (no shaking)? I like it a lot! I have Joey’s ashtray replacement as well with a couple toggle switches installed.
Does the tablet encroach on the passenger cockpit area?

I am seriously considering a modification of my setup based on this.

Thanks for sharing!

Many thousands of miles including the Dempster highway to Tuktoyuktuk and the Dalton to Prudhoe bay plus all the high mountain passes in Colorado and it has never moved. Very rigid

The tablet sits just slightly right of the edge of the radio, about 4 inches, but not enough to bother my claustrophobic wife so I would say no. My tablet is a Samsung Tab S2, 8 inch, so just slightly smaller than an I-pad mini.

POV from the passenger, my left leg shown.

95316451-C0AD-46AD-BA3A-6F39563FF616.jpeg

Last edited:
Many thousands of miles including the Dempster highway to Tuktoyuktuk and the Dalton to Prudhoe bay plus all the high mountain passes in Colorado and it has never moved. Very rigid

The tablet sits just slightly right of the edge of the radio, about 4 inches, but not enough to bother my claustrophobic wife so I would say no. My tablet is a Samsung Tab S2, 8 inch, so just slightly smaller than an I-pad mini.

POV from the passenger, my left leg shown.

View attachment 2285751
Cool mount ... but please tell us about that blue Cobra

I'd much rather make something to bolt to the center tunnel with some adjustable arm going up than risking to overstress the dash. You don't want to crack that thing...

How about something that bolts to the seat mounts? I almost bought one of these Lido LM-300 Gooseneck Mounts LM-300

I have no connection with this company just a frequent shopper/buyer.

Larry in El Paso

The @absolute-wits-end.com useless cubby insert is the basis for this set up. Huge shout out to Joey (@NLXTACY) for this product.
Really like your setup. What mounts did you use that screw directly into the Wits End base?

All mounts are Ram mounts. The aluminum tube is from Ace. Heat the ends with a torch and tap fla with a hammer.
the aluminum suppor arm make or a triangle support structure that is very firm and secure. @KingsMtn
057526FF-EA7B-4009-A2EC-10394D0421FC.jpeg
3AAB5085-BC03-4E3A-A659-18F1601A40ED.jpeg
F2421010-2C0F-4E37-B039-7ED736F00A5F.jpeg
EA3DC4BB-9635-43A7-A739-94A91B7D93E0.jpeg

Last edited:
Got it..thanks Link for anyone looking for the same. They have an amazing variety or chooses.

Do the Ram mounts come with multiple thread options or did you need to order a specific size and pitch for the base?

Perfect. That helps narrow the choices down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom