Should this be plugged in? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
just went to clean my throttle body and noticed this little rubber hose was completely disconnected, and looks like for a long while since the plastic piece that it should be sitting on looks dirty. Is this by any chance supposed to be disconnected? What is it for?

Thanks

Well it would be great to know what that particular hose does. It’s been disconnected for a while and I didn’t notice any problems. I just plugged it in and don’t notice any difference yet, but I just idled it for 5 minutes, haven’t driven it yet.

It should be connected to the nipple right beside it.

Obviously. I connected it now. But I'm wondering what that hose is responsible for, as it has been disconnected on my cruiser for god knows how long and it seems to have been running fine with it disconnected.

Idle up when power steering is engaged. You probably see a slight increase in rpm at idle when turning the steering wheel.

There is nothing honorable in being an imbicile. Purposefully misunderstanding to try to make some kind of point? I won’t even acknowledge your idiotic post with an explanation as I don’t think it would benefit you any more than it already has.

There is nothing honorable in being an imbicile.
Don't be so hard on yourself. No such thing as a stupid question. Glad I could answer part of it for you.

Not quite sure I understand. Can you elaborate?
Turning the steering increases load on the engine a bit, since the power steering pump is powered by the serpentine belt. So there's a system in place to increase the idle slightly, so the load of steering (while idling) doesn't lower the rpms enough to stall the engine.

There's something similar for other accessories. For instance, you might be able to notice your idle fluctuate slightly while the a/c condenser turns on and off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom