should i buy (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I found a 4 runner with a great body and only 87,000. it is the 84/85 with the solid front axle. Any sugestions. Oh it is only 1000 bucks. Interior is rough, but hey, i drive a 40 so what do i care.

Nothing wrong with that... I'd say if you want it go for it.

I've actually been entertaining the idea of one of those- they seem pretty cool.
Front axle that I'm already familiar with, lightweight, easy to lift, removable top, and most importantly, Toyota build quality. They also seem to be really inexpensive compared to good quality 40's.
Go for it and lets see it!

If the body is in good shape, that's a steal. I would buy it now.

No disadvantages to the solid axle, other than a slightly rougher ride. They're great little tanks-buy it! 22RE gets much better mileage than a cruiser and much easier to access compared to the 3FE. Only problem I ever had was the electric rear window crapping out. I loved my '85. Add a downey header plus K & N if you need more power.

It could be carb'd (22R).

If it's 84 it should be carb'd, 85 should be injected.

BUY IT.

I believe 86 or 87 first yr for FI in runner, lightweight well i dont think its all that light.

solid axle is the only mini/runner to buy, no work doing a sas, and lifts are cheap compared to almost all other vehicles.

85 4Runners, with the SR5 package, *should* be EFI, at least the one that I had was, and the other three that I have seen, were EFI.

Not a common set up, and if that truck is an 85 with EFI for a grand, with only 87K on it, I am sure that there are people that would be willing to double your money right off the bat, if you were interested in selling it.

Go for it! I have an '87 that I run around in from time to time. They are good trucks.

-Steve

[quote author=toddslater link=board=1;threadid=7395;start=msg61996#msg61996 date=1068610686]
If it's 84 it should be carb'd, 85 should be injected.
[/quote]

Not standard. EFI was an option until '88 IIRC.

Plus power steering was an option, too. Easy changeover if it's manual.

EFI came out in 85, i am not saying it was standard, but i know for a fact, and almost got an 85 that was a solid axcel and EFI.. These are Highly sought after, and go for atleast $3k

It is efi and i think i will buy it if i can get a hold of the owner. I talked to him one time and he is like impossible to reach. been playing phone tag for a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom