Should I buy another FJ just for parts (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

But if you had a parts rig for $2k, you could of had a free rear window -- BAM, saved $500.

Tell me about it... ugh. And I would’ve done it myself and not scratched the hatch.

Do any of the 3fe engine accessories (alternator, starter, ect) work with the 1FZ-FE engine? I have a non-operational 91 I must get rid of due to lack of space and was wondering what parts I should pillage before I junk it? Is there anything major I am overlooking?
The battery, radiator cap, gas cap, and fusible link.

Cut any and all connectors off of things and save them.

Yes.

Just keep the parts you want/need, and if you pay under about 2k, you'll easily recoup all your costs, assuming the rig you get is complete.

Just make sure you're fine with having a decaying hunk of steel at your place- it takes time to strip it out, and wives/neighbors/HOAs don't have a ton of patience with junk sitting about. Hopefully you have the space for all the parts you'll keep. Keep it a rolling chassis for as long as possible.

I sold a non-locked front axle quick, but a non-locked rear is harder to sell- I ended up gutting the axle for parts for when I eventually break mine, and gave the axle housing to a friend who was going to make a diff/locker workbench out of the housing (after significant modifications).

I was in a bit of a hurry due to having to move to CA, but if you have space and can be patient and have a good FJ market nearby, you should easily make money on parting.

I would gladly trade you factory lights for yours...
If you really want those lights PM me. They are HID headlights and the driver bulb is going out. I don't really like the look and want the more stock appearance.

Always and forever......I will always buy a parts truck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom