Shift Plates 27 different 4 Speed, 5 Speed, 3 Speed w & w/o FD, Automatic and Doubler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Received my shift plate and very happy with the quality and accuracy of the plate. I upgraded from 3 speed to 4 speed and ordered 4 speed shift plate first from Crusier Corps but theirs was too narrow with pre drilled holes that did not line up. @shipmag has the perfect and correct size. All you need to do is line up the holes on glove box, mark punch and drill holes.

001610E1-C4AD-4D9E-999F-A7E33D4079AB.jpeg

F35D4400-F973-48D8-8F21-486CE5948D30.jpeg

Im currently out of 5 speed OEM shift plates. If any of you need a special plate i do custom plates. I have a pwrson wanting an ID plate for a 1967 FJ45. Does any one have the outside dimensions of the id plate for that year. The picture below is what he says it looks like. If any of you could confirm the image and size of the plate. If there are any other plates relative to that year i would appreciate a picture and dimensions of the plate.

If there are any other Id plates you all want let me know and ill see if the vendor will make them. These plates are made through sublimation printing not screen printed. On my shift plates I have had zero complaints on quality just me not catching a misspelling on a first run I had made.
Shipmag

A7E16046-2A9A-4DB5-952A-3A2358030786.jpeg

When I get my R2.8 I will need a new ID plate for the firewall and my H55F transmission.

Ive got 23 different drive train shift plates give your self a Christmas gift. Or buy one for your gf/wife so she knows how to shift that new drive train you talked her into letting you buy?

Last edited:
So we lucked out again when I got the new order the prices are still the same. If you want an odd ball plate that is a small change from the other 21 vendor is charging currently $10 depending on how the feel about the new request. So plates are $24 plus the ride which is down to $10.20. I can combine a plate and hose to save shipping. Ive sold over 500 hoses. The hoses are Stainless Steel Braided with Teflon inner hose which resists heat better. When you seal goes the transmission can suck the oil from the transfer case to the transmission. The hose lets the oil drain back to the transfer case. Yep its a band aide. You always still have to check your fluids in these old girls.

unreal come on guys 27 different drive trains? I can think of three more from the last added plate but Im not giving away any ideas. 27 different plates holly cow!!! But if you need a different one my vendor is still willing to make additional new plates. The reason? nobody else seems to be willing to help so I will!!

I appreciate all the kind words about this horrific ankle fusion surgery. The pain is so intense.

Thanks for the response on the plates. I have more 4 speed oem and 4 Speed Twin Shift plates coming yet this week.

My wife informed me I’ll be in an out patient care facility. I agree with all the surgeries on the right side strength is not working with me.

She agreed to ship out any plates or hoses for me while I am at the nursing home for probably the next 3 months.

My right wrist surgery called a PRC surgery left me with a hand that can’t do a whole lot. I have 15 degrees of bend in the wrist and no pinch strength. That makes it almost impossible to get my self up out of bed. The knee replacement surgery this past year makes it difficult getting around.

I haven’t gotten the invoice yet on the new shift plates, so for now the price is the same. So feel free to send a pm and i’ll get a hose or Shift Plate right out to you.
I can ship hose and shift plate in the same small flat rate priority usps box. I have 27 different shift plates in stock.

As long as my vendor and I can keep all the plates organized right they have agreed to make any customs you need. The last new plate was for a 4 Speed Automatic with overdrive and an Atlas transfer case. Ive since learned there are other brands of transfer cases. So send me a PM. The vendor and I have an inexpensive way to get a custom plate to you at a lower price. They charge $50 for a new plate, if i have it made with a standard inventory order. Other wise they want another $25 total $75 for a one up plate. You and I will talk on the phone and I’ll come up with a first draft. We talk back and forth and I make the corrections you need. The I send the publisher file to the vendor who will make a copy ready proof. I email it to you for your written approval. The plate you agree to buy is exactly what it will look like. Even if obvious misspelled word is on you. So you have to look at all the verbiage symbols and art work. Just like any printer requires of a custom print job.

So send me a pm for any shift plate needs you have. These are not predrilled. The jig to put the holes in precisely has to
be +- .003. thats to try and hit all the slight differences there might be. sorry guys If your skilled enough to keep these running you can transfer drill four holes. Some guys don’t want the holes and use 3M industrial double sticky tape. The kind you get at a machine shop supply store. We use to hold parts on mills using that tape. Extremely hard to get off. Others just buy a transfer punch set from harbor freight and drill them. The plates come with a masking to cover the print. after drilling the holes peel off the clear or tan masking tape before attaching the plate with rivets or screws

so look at threads 29 to 34 and choose the plate you want or the closest to what you want and I’ll work with you.

I appreciate all the kind words about this horrific ankle fusion surgery. The pain is so intense.

Thanks for the response on the plates. I have more 4 speed oem and 4 Speed Twin Shift plates coming yet this week.

My wife informed me I’ll be in an out patient care facility. I agree with all the surgeries on the right side strength is not working with me.

She agreed to ship out any plates or hoses for me while I am at the nursing home for probably the next 3 months.

My right wrist surgery called a PRC surgery left me with a hand that can’t do a whole lot. I have 15 degrees of bend in the wrist and no pinch strength. That makes it almost impossible to get my self up out of bed. The knee replacement surgery this past year makes it difficult getting around.

I haven’t gotten the invoice yet on the new shift plates, so for now the price is the same. So feel free to send a pm and i’ll get a hose or Shift Plate right out to you.
I can ship hose and shift plate in the same small flat rate priority usps box. I have 27 different shift plates in stock.

As long as my vendor and I can keep all the plates organized right they have agreed to make any customs you need. The last new plate was for a 4 Speed Automatic with overdrive and an Atlas transfer case. Ive since learned there are other brands of transfer cases. So send me a PM. The vendor and I have an inexpensive way to get a custom plate to you at a lower price. They charge $50 for a new plate, if i have it made with a standard inventory order. Other wise they want another $25 total $75 for a one up plate. You and I will talk on the phone and I’ll come up with a first draft. We talk back and forth and I make the corrections you need. The I send the publisher file to the vendor who will make a copy ready proof. I email it to you for your written approval. The plate you agree to buy is exactly what it will look like. Even if obvious misspelled word is on you. So you have to look at all the verbiage symbols and art work. Just like any printer requires of a custom print job.

So send me a pm for any shift plate needs you have. These are not predrilled. The jig to put the holes in precisely has to
be +- .003. thats to try and hit all the slight differences there might be. sorry guys If your skilled enough to keep these running you can transfer drill four holes. Some guys don’t want the holes and use 3M industrial double sticky tape. The kind you get at a machine shop supply store. We use to hold parts on mills using that tape. Extremely hard to get off. Others just buy a transfer punch set from harbor freight and drill them. The plates come with a masking to cover the print. after drilling the holes peel off the clear or tan masking tape before attaching the plate with rivets or screws

so look at threads 29 to 34 and choose the plate you want or the closest to what you want and I’ll work with you.
I hope for the best recovery.

this is a trip through hell I pray they let me out of here. Life in a rest home is every thing I feared. If your an A type personality
you’ll be sedated if you refuse they kick you out. Then you just sleep. six months
latter youll die of pneumonia. I pray I can still drive my landcruiser with a fused foot.

Just found this thread and wanted to share a shift plate variation I've got on my 1973 FJ40. (Also, well wishes to you @shipmag for a speedy recovery!)

Posting as a reference in the event anyone needs to use this info. for their restoration, etc. I currently have an SM465 4-speed and may order an appropriate plate in the near future.

See pictures and details below:

The plate on my 1973 FJ40 says "TRANSFER CASE" and also has "H4" after (HIGH 4x4) and "L4" after (LOW 4x4) on the far right. Note that my plate is also attached with 4 small phillips head screws, lock washers and bolts, which appear to be original to me. Interesting variation, huh?

1973 - 3 Speed Shift Plate - H4 and L4 TRANSFER CASE .jpg

For reference:

The plate on Post #1 says "TRANSFER CASE" and only has "H" after (HIGH 4x4) and "L" after (LOW 4x4) on the far right.

3 Speed Shift Plate - Post 1 - Only H and L TRANSFER CASE edit.jpg

The plate on Post #29 just says "TRANSFER" and only has "H" after (HIGH 4x4) and "L" after (LOW 4x4) on the far right.

3 Speed Shift Plate - Post 29 - Only H and L TRANSFER edit.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom