Sharing some pics from our week at Ocracoke (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
lived there with my girlfriend for 30 days on island many years ago. Back then, you didn't need a 4 wheel permit and it wasn't very regulated. What do you have to do now to drive a truck on the beach?

During my summers off from College, I lifeguarded for the National Park Service on Ocracoke. One of the guys I worked with proposed to his current wife in the lighthouse. Back Porch is a nice place to eat:

2279C996-DB8E-4521-8705-F94047EB46A5.jpeg

5A9FBAA3-0078-415C-9965-160709E19789.jpeg

lived there with my girlfriend for 30 days on island many years ago. Back then, you didn't need a 4 wheel permit and it wasn't very regulated. What do you have to do now to drive a truck on the beach?

Awesome! Nowadays, you get an ORV permit from the Cape Hatteras National Seashore. Pretty easy process, $50 for 10 days. It's actually nice because they maintain the ramps, beach roads, etc. There are several access points, and some are more crowded than others. The least crowded ramp is ramp 63 (new as of 2016), and it's between mile markers 77 and 78 on Highway 12. That was previously our favorite spot to hike the dune over, anyway. We had a great time, I'd encourage you to go back!

During my summers off from College, I lifeguarded for the National Park Service on Ocracoke. One of the guys I worked with proposed to his current wife in the lighthouse. Back Porch is a nice place to eat:

Jealous of anyone who gets to live on Ocracoke--I liked Back Porch, but I like Flying Melon better. Give it a shot if you can.

@NCOBX I’ll need to check Flying Melon out the next time I pass through town. I don’t recall the place during my time there.

WLO. (Looks good - still not use to it!)

Great looking blue cruiser. Been surf fishing in Hatteras since 1983.

I have not seen the Blue Cruiser around Raleigh. Where in Raleigh, ITB, OTB, OSSBL?

How did you mount your cooler rack on the front?

WLO. (Looks good - still not use to it!)

Great looking blue cruiser. Been surf fishing in Hatteras since 1983.

I have not seen the Blue Cruiser around Raleigh. Where in Raleigh, ITB, OTB, OSSBL?

Thanks! I’m JOTB but work downtown. I drive it to work maybe once a week.

Due we love going there!!!

Been three years in a row now!

Just a fantastic place to chil!!!

Agreed! My big want after this year is an awning. Yours looks great. ARB?

Ocracoke is one very special place. On the other end of the spectrum (from back porch & flying melon) is Eduardo's taco stand. The hot mess breakfast burrito is top notch, some of the best mexican food I have had anywhere in the state. Also, you must go to Zillie's for a beer/wine/beverage of your choice, great little spot.

We go at least twice a year surf fishing in the spring and fall. A lot has changed over the years, but it is my favorite place to go.

Ocracoke is one very special place. On the other end of the spectrum (from back porch & flying melon) is Eduardo's taco stand. The hot mess breakfast burrito is top notch, some of the best mexican food I have had anywhere in the state. Also, you must go to Zillie's for a beer/wine/beverage of your choice, great little spot.

We go at least twice a year surf fishing in the spring and fall. A lot has changed over the years, but it is my favorite place to go.

+1 on both Eduardo's and Zillie's. We always get Eduardo's to eat while we wait for the departing ferry. Also, nice rig! Looks like mine with cladding intact. Happy to meet up sometime in Raleigh.

Thanks! Looks great. I looked on Rago's site and looks like they don't have any LC products? Will keep researching.

It fits the LC roof rack!

They haven’t added it yet but a few of us have the 4Runner/GX470 kit and it fits perfectly. It’s all the same part number.

D110E604-B47B-4E39-97EA-2EAE63F62F11.jpeg

A7917062-C846-4AA2-A82D-1B0D4A6754D1.jpeg

@NCOBX I wanted to thank you for the thread. My family and I just spent the past week on Hatteras. We had planned to go to Savannah but after reading this thread I changed our plans. This was more our speed for sure.

We unfortunately never made it to Ocracoke, ferry was backed up most of the week. Next time.

We spent most of our time at ramp 55 just south of the ferry, absolutely fantastic spot.

jUNoZS3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom