shackle question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can't seem to be certain of which shackles i need for my 86 FJ60. Just put an ironman 2" and wanted to replace shackles and pins but am uncertain about which ones i need. any ideas?

I went with the greasable spring pins and anti inversion shackles from Ironman. I am also installing the Ironman suspension on my 60.

I went with the greasable spring pins and anti inversion shackles from Ironman. I am also installing the Ironman suspension on my 60.
cool., that's what i was looking at too but the shackles only seem to go to 1985. is your an 86? i recommend the suspension. such a difference! no more wobbling and swaying.

My old cruiser was an 84, the one I'm building now is an 86. The fronts fit fine I haven't gotten to the rear yet. I'm a little worried because I got the heavy kit with the intention of future bumper upgrades.

All years 60 and 62 are the same. Go with the same brand as the springs.

PSA - do not reuse the hat channels or rubber isolators on the rear springs. You will need a steel spacer bushing to replace the isolator. Same as for OME lifts.

All years 60 and 62 are the same. Go with the same brand as the springs.

PSA - do not reuse the hat channels or rubber isolators on the rear springs. You will need a steel spacer bushing to replace the isolator. Same as for OME lifts.
thanks! sounds good

Sacfj60, did you order your shackles from Ironman? I just ordered the 2" kit and now I'm wondering if I need/want new shackles too. What was your thought process to get new shackles vs. the stock? I'm only using my 62 for light forest service type roads and daily driver so went with stock comfort load... Did you do any castor correction or run any shims with your install? FYI they are running 25 percent off orders with free shipping right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom