setting the rear spring perches? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok so i just got out of the garage and i hung the springs and set it down on the spring perches and it seems like everything is a lil bit off all the bolts are tight so i thought it should be line up right but it seems that im about a half of an inch off, i dont really know where to measure it from so i measured from the bump stop to the tire one side was like 4inches and the other was 3 1/4. so do i just push the axle over til its aligned? secondly the perches seemed to be closer to the wheel, i thought they would sit right on top of where the old perches were below the axle but like i said they are both closer to the tire?
anyone have any ideas? after it looks like i fix the problems of it being out of wack do i just simple tack on the perches? ???

if anyone has any ideas please post its so close to being done and i just want to get it back on the road.... thanks agian -al

No pre removal measurments to reference? Very easy to do, and to forget to do too.... :doh:

I would find another 60, or wait for someone to post the demensions out here...

Good luck!

-Steve

just thought of somthing..... so its already sitting on the axle if i just mark the angle its at then take the springs back off move the perchs to right above where they use to sit and weld them in place? would that work?

When I did my SOA I set everything together with the perches directly above the originals and rotated the axle to achieve the desired pinion angle. Once verified I tacked, disassembled, welded, and reassembled.

IMO, they should locate directly opposite the stock perches if you are just doing a SOA. In that case, set one side with the pinion angle you want and positioned so it's centered above the old perch. Tack this one into place. Pull the housing free, and use your tape and degree finder to locate the opposite one correctly.

My spring bushings never seem to align the springs directly above the perches either, even tho everything is stock width.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom